 Announcements / 3946 (-20)
  YAMATO Battleship: Built out of LEGO

Project: YAMATO It is finish, over six years in the making. Wow! Japanese Yamato battleship built by Jumpei Mitsui using LEGO elements. His website (Japanese) link of the Yamato. (URL) Yamato> Video of the YAMATO. Please note the video is 4:48 long. (...) (15 years ago, 10-Apr-09, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.mediawatch, FTX) !!

  Problem With BrickShelf

There is some kind of problem occurring with Brickshelf. The first photos are showing okay, but after clicking on the folders they showing as empty. I have tried a number of ways and I am getting the same error. Anyone have any ideas or information (...) (15 years ago, 8-Apr-09, to lugnet.announce)

  Olympus Defence Mecha

New Mech, by me. Go checkout the detail at Flickr. (URL) (15 years ago, 6-Apr-09, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.announce, FTX) !

  1000steine-Land 2009

Nach einem Jahr Pause ist es wieder soweit Das 1000steine-Land (TSL, vom 12.-14. Juni in Berlin) ist eine Veranstaltung von LEGO Fans für LEGO Fans, organisiert und durchgeführt von erwachsenen LEGO Fans (AFOLs = Adult Fans of LEGO). Das TSL ist (...) (15 years ago, 6-Apr-09, to lugnet.events.1000steine-land, lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.de)

  Brickworld - World of Lights Display

(URL) Share - Learn - Explore - Discover This year Brickworld will host a new collaboration. The idea was unveiled during the closing ceremony at Brickwrold 2008. The idea is simple. Illuminate your display/MOC. Use your imaginations. Use LEGO (...) (15 years ago, 5-Apr-09, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.events, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.people, FTX) !

  BrickCon Registration Open!

Although I announced at BrickFest that BrickCon Registration is open, I missed letting the rest of the world know. If you have been waiting, your wait is over! BrickCon Registration is open! Visit us here: (URL) Theme for this year's BrickCon is (...) (15 years ago, 3-Apr-09, to lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.events, lugnet.announce) !

  BrickCon Registration Open!

Although I announced at BrickFest that BrickCon Registration is open, I missed letting the rest of the world know. If you have been waiting, your wait is over! BrickCon Registration is open! Visit us here: (URL) Theme for this year's BrickCon is (...) (15 years ago, 3-Apr-09, to lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.events, lugnet.announce)

  Custom Brick Community Building Contest... starts today!

First Annual Custom Brick Community Building Contest: Hosted by Brickmania.com and co-sponsored by BrickArms and BrickForge Hello everyone! At the urging of friends and supporters I am calling for a community wide building contest aimed at (...) (15 years ago, 2-Apr-09, to lugnet.announce, FTX) !

  LDraw.org's March 2009 Model and Part of the Month Winners

Congratulations to the winners of the March 2009 Model/Part Of The Month (MOTM/POTM) contests: (URL) MOTM, Brabham BT46B the fan car by Luca Rusconi (aka RoscoPC)> (URL) POTM - Best Part, Minifig Accessory Satchel by Philippe Hurbain (Philo)> (URL) (...) (15 years ago, 2-Apr-09, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.announce, FTX)

  Brickworld Event Schedule Outline

(URL) Share - Learn - Explore - Discover The Brickworld Team excited to announce the preliminary event schedule outline has been posted on the Brickworld web site at: (URL) You will notice that 3 of the 4 classes are set. As soon as the 4th class is (...) (15 years ago, 2-Apr-09, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.events, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.people, FTX) !

  HispaBrick Magazine 004

We are proud to present the latest issue of HispaBrick Magazine, a fanzine written mainly by the members of HispaLUG, which is now available in Spanish and English from the magazines website: (URL) have seen a considerable number of downloads of the (...) (15 years ago, 1-Apr-09, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.es) !

  LEGO remodel job while away at BrickFest

When Thomas Michon returned from BrickFest on Monday morning, he found that his room at Olin College had been remodeled with a new door by classmates using 9000 LEGO bricks. (URL) -Ted Michon (15 years ago, 31-Mar-09, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX) !

  Video about Emerald Night Train

Together with the information below, here's a video about the new Emerald Night Train #10194 (2 URLs) all, As a follow up to the LEGO 9V Train Communication lll, there is one change we would like to inform you about concerning the LEGO Transformer. (...) (15 years ago, 28-Mar-09, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains) !

  Things to Remember for BrickFest 2009

Just remember a few things you may want to bring to BrickFest: The draft set (8632: Swamp Raid) if you want to draft. The Build-in-the-Bag set (8119: Thunder Racer) if you want to participate in the Build-in-the-Bag. (Make sure to get one that's (...) (15 years ago, 25-Mar-09, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.fun.community)

  Mechahub Civilian Mecha Contest

(URL) Pilots and service crews, gather around! We at Mechahub are pleased to announce an exciting new contest. The theme for this contest is Civilian Mecha. The only real restrictions are that the mecha possess no weaponry (i.e. not for military (...) (15 years ago, 14-Mar-09, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.announce, lugnet.space, lugnet.general, FTX) !!

  NXT based 3D scanner

(URL) As a LDraw parts author, I am always interested to find new ways to model LEGO parts. Many parts have a clear geometric structure and are relatively easy to create, but parts like minifig animals or wigs have no defined geometric shape and are (...) (15 years ago, 14-Mar-09, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.robotics, FTX) !

  New Flexible Track Pieces (was: Has anyone considered molding track ourselves?)

(...) Here is a further picture, showing 64 flexible track pieces in set 8867. The gaps between the two halves of each track piece are smaller than in the previous picture, and there are fewer studs for attaching ballast: (URL) To ballast it means (...) (15 years ago, 13-Mar-09, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.parts.mod, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.announce, FTX)

  Virtual Lego Room Tour at BrickFest 2009

BrickFest 2009 will see the first Virtual Lego Room Tour. When LUGs have a meeting at a member's house, the one thing that everyone always wants to see is the owner's build area. A Lego Room, a Lego Garage, a Lego corner-of-one-table-...-rec-room. . (...) (15 years ago, 13-Mar-09, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.storage) !

  Build in the Bag at BrickFest 2009

This year at BrickFest Jon Rasmussen will be running the popular Build in the Bag competition. The way it works: you bring a copy of set 8119: Thunder Racer (URL) the event, still in it's sealed polybag. Jon will have ten copies at the Fest if you (...) (15 years ago, 13-Mar-09, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.fun.community)

  Draft at BrickFest 2009

There will be a draft at BrickFest this year! The draft set is 8632: Swamp Raid (URL) draft is a fun activity that turns sets into the parts you want. If you are unfamiliar with drafting, Dan Sabath gave a good description here: (URL) 2009 will be (...) (15 years ago, 13-Mar-09, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.fun.community)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact