 Announcements / 361
  BAYLIT suggestions

All: (This hurts) I'm reaching an impasse with BAYLIT. My job situation will soon require me to travel extensively, severely impacting my ability to run BAYLIT. I don't know how long this will last - could be awhile Thus, I would appreciate your (...) (25 years ago, 2-Nov-99, to lugnet.announce)

  Re: BAYLIT suggestions

Jon- This saddens me to hear:-( My first inclination is to say don't abandon ship (if you can relate to that analygy;) We need *more* sites like yours and Julie's A.B.S. (who has also shut down for a while at least). But I undertstand that you gotta (...) (25 years ago, 3-Nov-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: BAYLIT suggestions

(...) Jon, sorry to hear. Your service was always excellent. I would recommend doing whatever it takes to keep this as just a temporary "brown-out"...since Dark Ages are always regrettable. (...) This is your best bet. Only accept orders of $25 or (...) (25 years ago, 3-Nov-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: BAYLIT suggestions

(...) (if (...) For what it's worth, here's my advice... Put the pieces up for auction on BRICKS. That's what I'm doing, at the moment I have most of my plates up. I think it will be much more easier for me. Less emails (what I have up for auction (...) (25 years ago, 3-Nov-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: BAYLIT suggestions

I would say to slow down your pace, and impliment an order limit, say $25 or more. That way, you can still provide this invaluable service, and finance your own project at the same time. People just need to understand things might not be as quick as (...) (25 years ago, 3-Nov-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: BAYLIT suggestions

(...) You're welcome. :) I've been REALLY busy with real life lately, but I am still looking for ways to improve BRICKS. As always, if you have any questions or suggestions, please send them to me at bricks@guarded-inn.com (25 years ago, 3-Nov-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: BAYLIT suggestions

Jon, As a customer of Baylit, I'm very sad about that, and I hope you will maintain your service. I think if you accept only order with a minimum amount ($25-30 whatever) you will decrease your workload. All of us (AFOL) need site like your to feed (...) (25 years ago, 3-Nov-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: BAYLIT suggestions

Jon, Please do whatever it takes to keep Baylit alive. Me and many others need sites like yours, and there really aren't enough of them around. Set a $25 minimum limit or something like that. Your site is such a great resource, it would be a shame (...) (25 years ago, 4-Nov-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: BAYLIT suggestions

(...) [...snip...] (...) don't (...) Just another voice in the choir... It's great to know there's a site like your where we can find just the parts we need for a project. I'm sorry to hear what you say, but do what you have to. Option 1 is my (...) (25 years ago, 4-Nov-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: BAYLIT suggestions

(...) impacting (...) 3100 (...) ;-) (...) I've JUST descovered your wonderful service, and it would absolutely kill me to lose it before I had a chance to use it. A $25-30ish minimum purchase amount would be great, and force us consumers to wait (...) (25 years ago, 4-Nov-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)