 Announcements / 3604
New site: BrickBuildr
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce
Date:
Fri, 24 Aug 2007 02:30:18 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

A little bit of background... I remember reading this and thinking to myself I think Flickr is great for surfing MOCs if you know where to look. About a few weeks ago, I started playing around with phpFlickr, thinking that it would be easy to build a quick & dirty web-site to find AFOL MOCs. I think one of the problem with Flickr is if you go searching for pictures tagged with ‘LEGO’ you get a lot of AFOLs’ photos and everything else -- pictures from the LEGO extremist, to the mom posting pictures of something she thought was cute that her kids built from LEGO, but of something that only a mother could love.

So in response, I threw together this:

http://www.brickbuildr.com/

It’s a comprehensive list of LEGO Flickr groups, and a few dozen Flickr users from the AFOL community. It’s very basic, nothing fancy. And it will evolve when I get some more free time to play with it.

In the mean time, I’m open to suggestions. Let me know what you think about it. If there’s something that can be improved, let me know. You know of other Flickr LEGO groups that should be added, let me know. If you want your Flickr photostream to be up on the web-site, send me an email. If you’ve got good ideas on how to improve this project & make Flickr more AFOL-friendly, let me know.

This project is not a BrickShelf replacement -- thank you for BrickShelf and your hard work, Kevin, btw. This is not to be yet another image hosting site, but a more AFOL-friendly view of Flickr.

--Mike.