 Announcements / 3336 (-20)
  New Lego Aqua raiders, Sealab 2021

I guess everyone is starting to get an eyefull of the new Aqua raiders theme, (URL) Check it here> Well, from the very first moment I saw these sets, yes, at Eurobricks. I thought about building Sealab 2021 moc's. I won't post a link here on lugnet (...) (18 years ago, 10-Nov-06, to lugnet.announce, FTX)

  New LUGMap for LUGNET

Hi All, I'm glad to announce a first major change which is "visible" this time as well. LUGNET now has a brand-new, area-wide World LUG Map, simply called LUGMap. As yet the maps enclose 85 entries! Here are the details and how they work: The LUGMap (...) (18 years ago, 10-Nov-06, to lugnet.general, lugnet.announce, lugnet.org, lugnet.loc.eu, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.loc.au, FTX) !!

  BFC extension ratified by the LSC

The LDraw Standards Committee (LSC) has ratified the Back Face Culling (BFC) language extension. The de-facto BFC standard was adopted by the LSC as their working draft (see (URL) and we have since been working to clarify and/or remove any (...) (18 years ago, 9-Nov-06, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  SHIP challenge for NWBrickcon 2007

This is an open invitation especially for those who will be attending NWBrickcon 2007. The challenge is to build a SHIP (100 studs or longer/wider) in a Classic Space Lego theme. I would like to see as many themes represented as possible. I have (...) (18 years ago, 7-Nov-06, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.contests)

  BrickFest PDX '07 Public Announcment

Hi All, The GPLR (Greater Portland LEGO Railroaders) in conjunction with AMH Productions (Christina Hitchcock) is proud to announce BrickFest PDX ’07 to be held March 30th – April 1st, 2007 at the Oregon Convention Center (OCC) in Portland, OR. We (...) (18 years ago, 6-Nov-06, to lugnet.announce, FTX) !!

  New puzzle game: Zeami's Birthday

Zeami's Birthday is a freeware for Windows 98 or superior. In a world of ashes, Zeami struggles to gather pieces of what used to be her past life. The gameplay is essentially a Sokoban-like where you have to assemble lego bricks. Game controls: (...) (18 years ago, 5-Nov-06, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.basic, lugnet.games, lugnet.gaming)

  Contributor Agreement License details

Hi all, Well it's been a long time coming but we now have a version of the Contributor Agreement (CA) license and readme to be distributed alongside new versions of the parts library. I'd like to take this opportunity to thank all those who have (...) (18 years ago, 4-Nov-06, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.announce) !!

  MOTM / SOTM Voting For November Is Now Open

We're pleased to announce that voting for the November 2006 Model of the Month and Scene of the Month Contests is now open. Visit the voting page to cast your vote: (URL) inform me of any errors you may encounter. Note: If you get a error page, try (...) (18 years ago, 4-Nov-06, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.announce)

  The SEA TRAGON

Hello all! Announcing my 2nd TRAGON- The SEA TRAGON!! Lurking deep under the ocean-guarding his treasure- Treasure hunters-BEWARE-The Sea Tragon is watching and waiting… (2 URLs) Any feedback would be greatly appreciated! Long Live The Brick! Megan (18 years ago, 3-Nov-06, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.castle, lugnet.trains, lugnet.vikings, lugnet.build.sculpture, FTX) !!

  Lego faces Christmas production block

This was passed to me courtesy of Michael Dudley. Thought you would like to know. (URL) Griffith Special Ops Admin Mechahub.com (18 years ago, 2-Nov-06, to lugnet.announce)

  Motion to move the LSC elections passes

With a total of 12 voters who "agreed" and none who "disagreed", the Motion to move the LSC elections from July to October: Begin of motion ---...--- Recurring Dates * October 1 - Annual summary published. Call for nominations. * October 14 - All (...) (18 years ago, 1-Nov-06, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, FTX)

  SCLTC Photos from NMRA - PSWR Convention

Photos from the SCLTC display at the National Model Railroad Association - Pacific Southwest Region convention earlier this month are posted (URL). (URL) SCLTC> presented its Island of Sodor at a model railroad event for the first time accompanied (...) (18 years ago, 31-Oct-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains.org.scltc, FTX) !

  Lego Sets/Parts History CD Sampler

Carsten Jopke of 1000steine has posted a picture of the Lego CD, and a link to a sample chapter (listed as "Beispielkapitel") on 1000steine: (URL) for all the folks who have pre-ordered and prepayed!! Gary Istok istokg@earthlink.net P.S. Still a few (...) (18 years ago, 29-Oct-06, to lugnet.announce)

  A Bosch-Lego dishwasher (really)!

Just saw (URL) this article> discussing a real-life dishwasher made by Bosch, with a special cycle and compartment to wash your toys. And it is actually Lego co-branded! You can also find it on the (URL) Bosch home page>. Cool! Roy (18 years ago, 29-Oct-06, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: LEGO SETS/PARTS HISTORY CD....

(...) I'm sorry, I thought the previous followup post was going to Lugnet.Announce. My appologies! For those folks who were put on a pre-order list last year, and haven't heard from me, please let me know. And new pre-orders are welcome for the AFOL (...) (18 years ago, 27-Oct-06, to lugnet.announce)

  LDraw.org is temporarely LDraw.org is temporarily not available

Hi, you might wonder why LDraw.org is currently showing just a blank page. We were upgrading to Postnuke .763 to support the new Postnuke theme templating engine when something went the wrong way. We are currently working to fix the problem and (...) (18 years ago, 19-Oct-06, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.announce)

  BrickJournal 5 is out!

(URL) BrickJournal 5 is available for download! Finally! This issue's theme is Really Big Stuff, so there are stories on big ships, big buildings, and big spaceships...and a look at the real LEGO Factory! There's also event reports from Europe and (...) (18 years ago, 19-Oct-06, to lugnet.publish.brickjournal, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, FTX) !!

  LSC adopts "de-facto" BFC standard as the draft standard

The LDraw Standards Committee (LSC) has adopted the "de-facto" Back Face Culling (BFC) standard ((URL) as their draft standard. We are now working on clarifying a few minor ambiguities in the draft standard so that it can be ratified as the official (...) (18 years ago, 15-Oct-06, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  LDraw.org MOTM/SOTM Relaunch

I'm pleased to announce the relaunch of LDraw.org's MOTM/SOTM contest. Moving the curatorship has caused some trouble, but now we are back on track and open submissions to MOTM/SOTM once again. Have a look at: (URL) the rules and submit you model or (...) (18 years ago, 14-Oct-06, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Motion to move the LSC elections: Call for Ratification

Since the motion to move the LSC elections has been posted (URL) and publicly discussed, and since by peoples' silence, there appear to be no more lingering objections, the Steering Committee hereby calls for a community vote to ratify the motion (...) (18 years ago, 14-Oct-06, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.announce)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact