 Announcements / 3304
  New parts header format validated by the LSC

The LDraw Standards Committee (LSC) has validated a suitable LDraw parts header format proposed by the library admins to implement the Contributor Agreement (CA). This was necessary in order to update the LDraw parts library to use the new CA, and (...) (18 years ago, 11-Sep-06, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, FTX) !

  Re: New parts header format validated by the LSC

Hi Travis, how does this command line look like in unofficial parts (files I submit on the parts tracker)? 0 !LDRAW_ORG Part|Subpart|Primiti...e|Shortcut UPDATE YYYY-RR is it still the old 0 Type: Unofficial Element|Primitive|... line? And what kind (...) (18 years ago, 14-Sep-06, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: New parts header format validated by the LSC

(...) the LSC hasn't voted on this issue yet and dropped the argument during discussion to speed up the voting on the actual header (which was a wise approach). anyway, the proposal is as following: 0 !LDRAW_ORG Unofficial_Part| Unofficial_Subpart| (...) (18 years ago, 14-Sep-06, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: New parts header format validated by the LSC

(...) I would like to amend the Parts Tracker so that authors would not need to worry about this and the submit process would standardise this line. Chris (18 years ago, 15-Sep-06, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: New parts header format validated by the LSC

Hello, (...) Thanks for the information! I will use this syntax then. What exactly is a "shortcut"? I'm still trying to write a parts editor and now I implemented the new part header system in the program. I hope it won't change again! Leg Godt- (...) (18 years ago, 15-Sep-06, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: New parts header format validated by the LSC

(...) A shortcut is a file that provides an alias, a second number, for a part. Some shortcuts also specify the particular color (or colors) to use in a part. One classic example of a shortcut is part 30065.dat (even though its LDRAW_ORG line (...) (18 years ago, 15-Sep-06, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  New parts header format - Appendix I

The LDraw Standards Committee (LSC) has added Appendix I to the LDraw parts header format to cover the options available to the !LDRAW ORG meta-command Please see Appendix I of the (URL) parts header format> for full details. --William Howard (...) (18 years ago, 29-Sep-06, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, FTX)

  Re: New parts header format validated by the LSC

(...) This format has now been adopted - see Appendix I of (URL) (18 years ago, 29-Sep-06, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: New parts header format validated by the LSC

I'm sorry if this question has ben brought up in other threads, but I'm really streached thin with real life business at the moment and can't really follow the pt or lugnet (at least for the next half year). ...I'd just like to know if this header (...) (18 years ago, 6-Oct-06, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, FTX)

  Re: New parts header format validated by the LSC

(...) Yes, as an author you will need to worry about it for newly submitted parts, because the Parts Tracker submit process will start checking for adherence to this. We will take care of the existing officlal library and the files currently on the (...) (18 years ago, 7-Oct-06, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, FTX)

  Re: New parts header format validated by the LSC

Niels Bugge schrieb: (...) You can give my new program DATHeader (Windows) a try to maintain the correct header. First Bug fixes are made, so I think it could be useful for you. cu MikeHeide (18 years ago, 8-Oct-06, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: New parts header format validated by the LSC

LOL, I think it'll be totally free from bugs before I have even time to THINK about making new parts ;) Anyways, it's a relief that I don't have to worry about this too at the moment... CYA sometime next summer Cheers NB (18 years ago, 9-Oct-06, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)