 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 6015
Re: New parts header format validated by the LSC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Fri, 15 Sep 2006 05:08:40 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Willy Tschager wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Sven Moritz Hein wrote:
Hi Travis,

how does this command line look like in unofficial parts (files I submit on the
parts tracker)?

0 !LDRAW_ORG Part|Subpart|Primitive|48_Primitive|Shortcut UPDATE YYYY-RR

is it still the old 0 Type: Unofficial Element|Primitive|... line?

the LSC hasn't voted on this issue yet and dropped the argument during
discussion to speed up the voting on the actual header (which was a wise
approach). anyway, the proposal is as following:

0 !LDRAW_ORG Unofficial_Part| Unofficial_Subpart| Unofficial_Primitive
|Unofficial_48_Primitive|Unofficial_Shortcut

A syntax like "Unofficial Part", "Subpart_unofficial", "Unofficial_Element",
"Non-official Part" would be rejected by the PT.

w.

I would like to amend the Parts Tracker so that authors would not need to worry
about this and the submit process would standardise this line.

Chris