 Announcements / 314
313  |  315
Subject:
LEGO annouces fourth park.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce
Date:
Wed, 8 Sep 1999 20:24:30 GMT

Here is the PR:

German Town To House New Lego Park

.c The Associated Press

GUENZBURG, Germany (AP) - A rural Bavarian town will be the site of the
world's fourth Legoland amusement park, Lego's president said Wednesday.

Guenzburg, about 60 miles west of Munich, won out over 300 other cities
worldwide, said Kjeld Kirk Kristiansen, who heads the Danish toy company.

Lego, whose colored plastic building blocks have been a favorite children's
toy for decades, plans to invest some $160 million into the park. Construction
should begin next spring, Kristiansen said.

Some 1.4 million visitors are expected annually, he told reporters in
Guenzburg.

The current Legoland parks are at Lego headquarters in Billund, Denmark; in
Windsor, near London; and in Carlsbad, Calif. They feature rides plus millions
of plastic blocks arranged as everything from a miniature Manhattan skyline to
life-sized giraffes.

AP-NY-09-08-99 1156EDT

Copyright 1999 The Associated Press.  The information  contained in the AP
news report may not be published,  broadcast, rewritten or otherwise
distributed without  prior written authority of The Associated Press.

So, Todd, guess this mean its time for a lugnet.legoland.guenzberg (or
.germany)? I am hoping LEGOLand Florida is announced soon, because it is
expected.