 Announcements / 3123
   Hi, this machinery can load cargo onto a train waggon and also load cargo off, too. See (URL) images (in better quality) for building instructions can be downloaded at (URL) (18 years ago, 9-Jan-06, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains) !

        Re: Loading cargo from and to train electrically —Elroy Davis
     (...) You beat me to it! I've been toying with this sort of idea in my head for a couple of months. I'm hung up on the idea of making the pushers look like cargo loaders of some sort though (fork-lifts maybe?). My thinking was to build two of these (...) (18 years ago, 9-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains)

         Re: Loading cargo from and to train electrically —Steve Lane
      (...) I too had thought about something similar. I had got much past the specs though. I wanted a system that only used one rcx per station. One channel would control the train leaving me with only two remaining. I'd never thought of a system which (...) (18 years ago, 9-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains)

          Re: Loading cargo from and to train electrically —Elroy Davis
      (...) I played a bit with stopping a train at a station. I had a loop of track powered off from a normal speed regulator. One section of track next to the stop was isolated elecrically by putting tape over the rails before connecting them. I powered (...) (18 years ago, 9-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains)

          Re: Loading cargo from and to train electrically —Brian Davis
       (...) How accurately? If you want to do this for a bunch of cycles, it would seem to me you need to control the position of the train quite exactly. The GBC train uses a simple bump sensor, and both Steve & I got train positioning to within 1 stud, (...) (18 years ago, 9-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains)

          Re: Loading cargo from and to train electrically —Peter Edwards
      (...) Funny how oceans apart we come up with the same ideas. I stopped using light sensors for the RCX and laterly use an isolated track to stop trains at two stations. The third ouput being used for a level crossing. I really like the loader idea, (...) (18 years ago, 17-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains)

         Re: Loading cargo from and to train electrically —Paul Sinasohn
     (...) What about putting a couple of minifigs on a 2 x 6 plate and using them as the "pushers". Paul Sinasohn LUGNET #115 BAYLUG (18 years ago, 9-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains)

        Re: Loading cargo from and to train electrically —Ted Michon
     (...) Eddy- This is really cool! Inspires me to want to make one that runs between two parallel sections of separate track loops to move cargo from one train to another and then back. Thanks for great idea and implementation. -Ted SCLTC (18 years ago, 9-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains)

        Re: Loading cargo from and to train electrically —Ted Michon
   (...) Eddy- This is really cool! Inspires me to want to make one that runs between two parallel sections of separate loops to move cargo from one train to another and then back. Thanks for great idea and implementation. -Ted SCLTC (18 years ago, 9-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains)