 Announcements / 3094
    A double crossover —Ondrew Hartigan
   Hey all, About 2 months ago now I was challenged/ asked to make a double crossover. While I thought this project would be difficult I had no idea how long it would take me. In total I have between 20-40 hours of time invested in the double (...) (19 years ago, 22-Nov-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.parts.custom, lugnet.parts.mod, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, FTX) !!

        Re: A double crossover —Ross Crawford
     (...) [snip] (...) Looks great Ondrew! I'd be interested to know though, the unmodified switch controls actaully look like they stick out a long way toward the other track, might there be more of a problem than usual with long wheelbase cars hitting (...) (19 years ago, 22-Nov-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.parts.custom, FTX)

         Re: A double crossover —Ondrew Hartigan
     (...) technicly the throw is one stud closer but i don't think i'm going to move them to the outside unless i find an issue with it. besides the place in which i'm thinking of placing this switch i don't have space for the throws to be outside the (...) (19 years ago, 22-Nov-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.parts.custom, FTX)

         Re: A double crossover —Christopher Masi
     (...) First, wow. That is a gorgeous switch. I must admit I was a bit amused by Rosco's comment about long wheelbase cars hitting the lever. I gave up on levers a long time ago :) That is a good observation though Rosco. Chris (19 years ago, 22-Nov-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.parts.custom)

         Re: A double crossover —Ondrew Hartigan
     (...) levers, i don't need no stinkin levers =) seriously though i have a pile of well over 40 of those little levers that i never use. there a waist of time and they just draw attention at train shows. there like magnets for kiddy hands. besides (...) (19 years ago, 23-Nov-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.parts.custom)

        Re: A double crossover —Larry Pieniazek
   In lugnet.announce, Ondrew Hartigan wrote: (snip) I saw some sneak preview pics and was floored then. Wow. Now, for your next trick, let's see you get the points on this one to interlock (if one turnout is thrown to take the crossover, the (...) (19 years ago, 22-Nov-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.parts.custom, FTX)

        Re: A double crossover —Ondrew Hartigan
   (...) Well since you asked. i guess you could say it's too easy because i allready have a working automated crossover. the doubble would take longer to do but it should be easy enough. (3 URLs) (...) keep dreaming =). there is no way i'm taking that (...) (19 years ago, 22-Nov-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.parts.custom, FTX)