 Announcements / 2975
  LPub building instructions for Shovel GBC module

As an exercise to learn the use of Kevin Clague's LPub, I created full building instructions for my (URL) GBC shovel module>. (2 URLs) The instructions are available as an Acrobat PDF (URL) 20 pages booklet> and as a (URL) collection of GIF images>, (...) (19 years ago, 5-Jul-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, FTX)

  Re: LPub building instructions for Shovel GBC module

(...) Philo, What a beautiful set of instructions! Thanks for your patience and help in reporting LPub issues, so accurately. LPub is much better because of your efforts. Kevin (19 years ago, 5-Jul-05, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

  need advice from lego gurus

I'm thinking about the next version of my one-armed robot, Grabot. Presently he looks like this: (URL) I want to do is have the claw go up and down but stay parallel to the floor, rather than hoist itself up as in this picture. Does anyone know of a (...) (19 years ago, 9-Jul-05, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: need advice from lego gurus

Dan, If you are okay with it being further forward when it is raised than when it is lowered, you can use a rather simple but robust method of raising your gripper while keeping it parallel to the ground/floor. I'm afraid I can't whip up a drawing, (...) (19 years ago, 9-Jul-05, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: need advice from lego gurus

(...) There are probably several ways to solve this. One is using parallelogram as arms that lifts, and mounting the gripper in one end of the parallelogram and the robot in the other. I have no photos or drawing what I think of. But if you make an (...) (19 years ago, 10-Jul-05, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: need advice from lego gurus

Check this out: (URL) has lots of mechanisms and linkages (19 years ago, 11-Jul-05, to lugnet.robotics)