 Announcements / 2909
  SCLTC FRRD 2005 Photos

Thomas has posted the first 127 photos of the May 7-8 SCLTC show at Fullerton Railroad Days at (URL). Here's some samples. (4 URLs) If you missed the chance to see the show in person, good news! The entire show, plus more, will also be at the 2005 (...) (19 years ago, 11-May-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.scltc, lugnet.town, FTX) !!

  Re: SCLTC FRRD 2005 Photos

(...) Very nice work. Is this the first show you all have done with ballasted track? Looks very good. With all of that ballasted, I suppose your track lines and yard are fairly fixed, no? I think I may "borrow" that cow design. I see that someone is (...) (19 years ago, 11-May-05, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc, FTX)

  Re: SCLTC FRRD 2005 Photos

(...) Yes. We had and "event" in which members spent a day putting down ballast, but in the end Susan Michon did about 90% of the work (and has the dimpled thumbs to prove it). We use mosaic kits from LLCA and have been chastised for buying them out (...) (19 years ago, 11-May-05, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc, FTX)

  Re: SCLTC FRRD 2005 Photos

(...) Interesting. How much rework would you have to do, with the switches and curves? MichLTC is looking at ballasting right now and it seems like a LOT of permeatations would have to be prepared. Or rework before an event. (...) Oh, I guess I (...) (19 years ago, 11-May-05, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc, FTX)

  Re: SCLTC FRRD 2005 Photos

(...) The jury is out, of course, since this is the first time we have done ballasting. My feeling is that we will be able to reuse quite a bit even with big changes. The primary reason we used ballast this time is because we wanted a big meandering (...) (19 years ago, 11-May-05, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc, FTX)

  Re: SCLTC FRRD 2005 Photos - ballast

(...) I've been using the bags of grey and dark grey plates, where one bag does either one straight plus one curve or one switch. This one is plain grey: (URL) This one is an experiment in adding tan 1x1s to change the colour of the track bed, (...) (19 years ago, 11-May-05, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc, FTX)

  Re: SCLTC FRRD 2005 Photos

This is one of those photo galleries that makes me depressed (wait!) but also spurs me on to do Lego stuff. I look at it and think, I could never do that, but of course its not just the work of one person and if I work as part of a team I CAN do it! (...) (19 years ago, 11-May-05, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc, FTX)

  Re: SCLTC FRRD 2005 Photos

In lugnet.announce, Ted Michon wrote: I normally don't check out layout pics, but this time I did. Does anyone know where I can find more pics of the chopper in the upper right corner of this pic?: (URL) (19 years ago, 11-May-05, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc)

  Re: SCLTC FRRD 2005 Photos

(...) Well, one member in particular, my mom, Susan, worked tirelessly graveling practically every curve and switchtrack in the layout! (...) I'm glad you like the pictures. As the photographer, I thank you =). I try to take 'all LEGO' shots in (...) (19 years ago, 12-May-05, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc, FTX)

  Re: SCLTC FRRD 2005 Photos

(...) Tim- First, take 2 Vallium and come back in an hour... Seriously, thanks for the comments. SCLTC is of course a club. As you note, we have 15 members. Of them, 13 contributed to this layout. The contributions ranged from modifying a few (...) (19 years ago, 12-May-05, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc, FTX)

  Re: SCLTC FRRD 2005 Photos

(...) Samarth- The motorcycle was designed and built by Chris Brill of SCLTC. You can reach him via email at chris@scltc.org. -Ted (19 years ago, 12-May-05, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc, FTX)

  Re: SCLTC FRRD 2005 Photos

(...) "them" are Jason Allemann (URL) and Erik Amzallag (URL) Regards, Didier Enjary (19 years ago, 12-May-05, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc, FTX)