 Trains / Train Organizations / SCLTC / 243
Re: SCLTC FRRD 2005 Photos
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org.scltc
Date:
Wed, 11 May 2005 17:59:13 GMT

In lugnet.trains.org.scltc, Ted Michon wrote:
   In lugnet.trains.org.scltc, Jason Spears wrote:
   Looks very good. With all of that ballasted, I suppose your track lines and yard are fairly fixed, no?

We always move things around. We sort of viewed the track only as fixed within individual 32 x 32 baseplates. We can mix and match as necessary in the future.

Interesting. How much rework would you have to do, with the switches and curves? MichLTC is looking at ballasting right now and it seems like a LOT of permeatations would have to be prepared. Or rework before an event.

   I think I may “borrow” that cow design.

Well, we of course already borrowed it from the guys who did the original motorized cows. We made a few changes and put in the linkages, but we have yet to animate them at a show. Maybe for OCF.

Oh, I guess I hadn’t noticed that it was a borrow from them.

   I see that someone is doing some tagging You’d have thought he was too busy. ;p

No comment.

   I’m diggin the use of binoculars and light sabers for the lights. In this picture, is that a vending machine to sell tickets?

Yup. Similar machines are in the big station.

BTW: To make the embedded pictures you chose show up, you need to right click the image in scltc.org and select properties. Then use the URL that appears there instead of the URL at the top of the page with the photo.

I actually got the effect I was looking for, as I wasn’t trying to imbed the images, just link to them. I don’t like the look of such big pictures in a lugnet post. Guess I could have used the thumbnails though.

Oh and I use Firefox, not IE, so I would only have to right click and then “copy image location” to get the individual image url. Mmm... Firefox. Just updated to 1.0.3 today actually.

Jason Spears | BrickShelf Gallery | MichLUG | CLB