 Announcements / 2896 (-20)
  Peeron A9 Plugin

I'm pleased to announce that we've integrated Peeron's search with A9's search engine. You can now add a Peeron "column" to results from A9, showing you set, part and theme results. Try it out: (URL) always, suggestions and bug reports are welcome! (...) (19 years ago, 29-Apr-05, to lugnet.announce.peeron, lugnet.inv, lugnet.announce)

  Carlsbad Street Faire and new website

Hey everybody! Sorry I have been so quiet lately, but I have been pretty busy with the Lego thing! The business is really booming and getting a little crazy! I thought I would let everybody know that I will be appearing at the Carlsbad Village (...) (19 years ago, 28-Apr-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.mediawatch) !

  Announcing the great Asteroid MOC Contest!

Hello all, in support of a new display we're going to try and get going at Brickfest this year, I am announcing a contest. The object? To build asteroid based MOCs! There will be two categories in this contest, small asteroid and large asteroid. The (...) (19 years ago, 27-Apr-05, to lugnet.space, lugnet.announce, FTX) !!

  BrickNebula PodCast, Episode 2: British Invasion

Announcing (URL) BrickNebula> PodCast, (URL) Episode 2: British Invasion> In our 2nd podcast, Dave & I talk about British Sci-Fi... and LEGO. We felt before the wave of Star Wars media hype, we'd do a podcast dedicated to release of the (...) (19 years ago, 27-Apr-05, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.oh, lugnet.loc.us.oh.col, FTX)

  Indy AFOL Knights win ISD building tournament @ Celebration III

LEGO had a booth at Star Wars Celebration III this past weekend in Indianapolis. One of the activities that they had there was an Imperial Star Destroyer speed build tournament. Eight teams (4 Jedi, 4 Sith) of ten people each competed in a (...) (19 years ago, 25-Apr-05, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.loc.us.in.ind, FTX) !

  The Shipyard is Back

I've added (URL) The Shipyard> to Zemi.net. The gallery submission process is now automated with many thanks to Bram Lambrecht. If you're new on the scene (since 2003 or so) the Shipyard is a website that lists all the largest LEGO minifig scale (...) (19 years ago, 22-Apr-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.space, FTX) !!

  Coming in October: NWBrickCon 2005

NWBrickCon 2005, a convention in the Pacific Northwest for Adult Fans of Lego, will take place October 7th, 8th, and 9th, 2005, in Seattle. All AFOLs are invited. This will be the fourth annual NWBrickCon. Planned highlights include: * MOCs * public (...) (19 years ago, 22-Apr-05, to lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.people, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.loc.us.wa, lugnet.loc.us.wa.tac, lugnet.loc.us.wa.sea, lugnet.loc.ca.bc, lugnet.loc.ca.bc.vic, lugnet.loc.ca.bc.van, lugnet.loc.us.id, lugnet.loc.us.or, lugnet.loc.us.or.por, lugnet.org.us.smart, lugnet.org.us.sealug, lugnet.org.ca.vlc, lugnet.org.ca.viclug) !!

  BrickFest 2005 Event-Graphic

The BrickFest™ Team invites the designers and artists of the AFOL community to submit graphic ideas/artwork for the Official BrickFest 2005 Event Graphic, which will commemorate the 6th Anniversary of BrickFest in Washington, DC. The graphic will be (...) (19 years ago, 22-Apr-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.org, lugnet.people, lugnet.general) !!

  Bricksaic 0.1.5 released

Just a quick note to let you know that a Bricksaic 0.1.5 has just been released. some of the most notable new features include: - contrast and brightness controls - part total on the map - map can now be printed or saved you can grab it here: (URL) (...) (19 years ago, 21-Apr-05, to lugnet.build.mosaic, lugnet.announce, FTX) !!

  Harbor crane / horse and cart

Hi friends, here are two new mocs for my little town. The first one is an old harbour crane. The real crane is located in Würzburg, Germany. (6 URLs) And here is a historic picture of the original: (URL) The second one ist an horse and cart for (...) (19 years ago, 21-Apr-05, to lugnet.announce, FTX) !!

  First LEGO League Championships and FLL World Festival in Atlanta, GA April 21-23, 2005

The FIRST LEGO League Championships will be from April 21-23, 2005, at the Georgia World Congress Center, located in Atlanta, GA. FIRST is thrilled to announce that it will host the FIRST LEGO League NO LIMITS World Festival in conjunction with the (...) (19 years ago, 19-Apr-05, to lugnet.announce)

  DixieLUG and NGLTC at FFL on Saturday April 23, 2005

(URL) DixieLUG>, (URL) NGLTC>, and others will be displaying at the (URL) FIRST LEGO League> National Championship Event this Saturday at the (URL) Georgia World Congress Center> in (URL) Atlanta, GA>. We will be set up in the lobby/foyer area of (...) (19 years ago, 20-Apr-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.us.ga, lugnet.loc.us.ga.atl, lugnet.org.us.dixielug, FTX)

  Exploring the Universe Display at the National Air and Space Museum, April 16th

Hi all, WAMALUG and NCLUG were asked to display at the National Air and Space Museum in Washington, DC for Universe Day, which fell on Saturday April 16th. Members from both WAMALUG and NCLUG brought in Moonbase modules, (URL) spacecraft (URL) (...) (19 years ago, 19-Apr-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.us.nclug, lugnet.org.us.wamalug, lugnet.loc.us.va, lugnet.loc.us.nc, FTX) !

  NELUG Announcement

F O R E W O R D This is a lengthy email, but please take the time to read it as it covers a number of changes that will be occurring within NELUG in the immediate future. I N T R O D U C T I O N NELUG has certainly grown since it started in 1999. (...) (19 years ago, 18-Apr-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.us.nelug) !!

  Announcing BrickFest 2005

Hi All, There has been much anticipation about this summer's BrickFest and we are now happy to officially announce that BrickFest '05 is happening! It will be held at GMU (George Mason University) in Arlington, VA (just outside of Washington, DC) on (...) (19 years ago, 15-Apr-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.people, lugnet.build, lugnet.events, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.general, FTX) !!

  New Poll: Did you complete the TLC questionaire?

The suspense was killing me, so I thought I'd provide a way for us all to see if enough people had responded for Brickfest™ to collect the $2,000 promised by TLC. (URL) VOTE HERE> JOHN (19 years ago, 15-Apr-05, to lugnet.announce, FTX) !

  2005 Mecha Pose Contest

We the curators of .mecha are hosting a mecha pose contest. Wassat? See it here: (URL) long and short of it is this: Take a mecha creation, new or old, and take a new pic of it. Most striking imaginative poses count. Categories are Large, Medium, (...) (19 years ago, 15-Apr-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space, lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.events, lugnet.robotics.events, lugnet.publish.photography, lugnet.technic.bionicle) !!

  Lego company survey now on LegoFan.org

The LEGO company would like to understand their consumers better and they need YOUR help! LEGOFan has been working very closely with the LEGO company recently to help develop and promote an online survey that helps them better understand their (...) (19 years ago, 15-Apr-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.general, FTX) !!

  BrickNebula PodCast

Announcing (URL) BrickNebula> PodCast, (URL) Episode 1: Star Wars & LEGO>. David Lukens & myself have been tossing around the idea of starting a space/LEGO podcast to help us launch the BrickNebula web-site. With the new Star Wars LEGO sets being (...) (19 years ago, 13-Apr-05, to lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.oh, lugnet.loc.us.oh.col, FTX)

  Two weeks remaining - JLUG Contest

Hello Everyone, Just a reminder...... ONLY TWO WEEKS ...... left to enter the JLUG moc building Contest. The contest ends the end of this month. So far we have 33 entries, with some very outstanding MOCs making a showing. We are looking forward to a (...) (19 years ago, 13-Apr-05, to lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.org.ca, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact