 Announcements / 281
  Millennium Slizer (Throw Bot)

Watch out for the Millennium Slizer (Throw Bot) to be released later this year, set number 8520. Retail price to be two to three times current price of normal Slizer sets. No further details. Grahame (25 years ago, 29-Jul-99, to lugnet.announce)

  Re: Millennium Slizer (Throw Bot)

(...) Sounds cool! I'm not too happy about things being called Millennium this and Millennium that, but as long as it's LEGO, I can live with it. BTW, do anybody know if the Slizer (Throw Bots) range is successful? Does it sell well? Just today the (...) (25 years ago, 30-Jul-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Millennium Slizer (Throw Bot)

It is my understanding that Slizer (Throw Bot) sets have been very successful in the US market. Much to my dismay, my son loves these sets... so I was trying to find some for his birthday. They are not on very many store shelves. I was talking to (...) (25 years ago, 30-Jul-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Millennium Slizer (Throw Bot)

When I was trying to buy them this spring, it was very difficult to find them on the shelves. Now, of course, there are lots in stock at the local TRU. When I was in Munich in March I bought one in the German (Slizer) packaging. Paul Sinasohn, who (...) (25 years ago, 30-Jul-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Millennium Slizer (Throw Bot)

Slizers/Throw-bots seem also to be very popular in Australia too, they sold out in all the major Melbourne toy stores and are currently virtually impossible to find - although who's to say more stock isn't on the way..... Fredrik Glöckner wrote in (...) (25 years ago, 31-Jul-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Millennium Slizer (Throw Bot)

(...) Cool. Did you get the proper aluminium case, or the flimsy cardboard one? Here in Norway, we only got the cardboard one. :-( Fredrik (25 years ago, 31-Jul-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Millennium Slizer (Throw Bot)

(...) It is the real aluminum case -- but what is inside it?? I haven't opened it yet, and my German isn't good enough to translate... Paul Sinasohn (25 years ago, 2-Aug-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Millennium Slizer (Throw Bot)

(...) I believe the inventory was posted to the lugnet.db.inv group recently. Fredrik (25 years ago, 3-Aug-99, to lugnet.general)