 General / 5902
Re: Millennium Slizer (Throw Bot)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 30 Jul 1999 17:27:16 GMT

It is my understanding that Slizer (Throw Bot) sets have
been very successful in the US market.  Much to my
dismay, my son loves these sets... so I was trying to
find some for his birthday.  They are not on very many
store shelves.  I was talking to someone at Zany Brainy
and he said that at the Lego themes that are selling
are Mindstorms, Throw Bots, and Star Wars.
He also said the folks at Lego didn't think they would
sell and had postponed their production... has anyone
else heard anything like that?

"Fredrik Glöckner" wrote:

Grahame Reid <gareid@ihug.co.nz> writes:

Watch out for the Millennium Slizer (Throw Bot) to be released later
this year, set number 8520. Retail price to be two to three times
current price of normal Slizer sets.

Sounds cool!  I'm not too happy about things being called Millennium
this and Millennium that, but as long as it's LEGO, I can live with it.

BTW, do anybody know if the Slizer (Throw Bots) range is successful?
Does it sell well?

Just today the Star Wars sets arrived in the shops here in Norway.  Now
how's that for being late?  The sets look really cool, though.

Fredrik

-- dave