 Announcements / 2722
    ToPleSs : the Art of building between the studs —Erik Amzallag
   Hello ! The second thing I presented at BricMania (Grenoble, France, July 2004) after the moo-torized cows ( (URL) ) is a presentation about a building technique : TOPLESs. TOPLESs is the acronyme of Tile Or Plate Located between Enough Studs. And (...) (20 years ago, 9-Oct-04, to lugnet.announce, FTX)

        Re: ToPleSs : the Art of building between the studs —Kevin Wilson
     Erik "brickerik" Amzallag wrote in message ... (...) after (...) Very, very nice Erik! I thought to start with when I saw your post... "oh, everyone knows how to do that"... but when I looked at the pics and saw what you had done with it I was (...) (20 years ago, 9-Oct-04, to lugnet.build, lugnet.build.schleim, lugnet.trains)

         Re: ToPleSs : the Art of building between the studs —Didier Enjary
     (...) Everyone knows about this technique ? Not sure, and I think a very few people explore it widely, and only one guy has done a presentation about it :). As you've seen, Erik has combined all these "non classical" techniques (SNOT, AZMEP and (...) (20 years ago, 10-Oct-04, to lugnet.build.schleim, lugnet.trains)

         Re: ToPleSs : the Art of building between the studs —Bruce Hietbrink
     (...) That is a great resource. I'll have to download and read through all of those. Classic-castle.com does have a "how-to" page: (URL) aren't as nicely packed into PDF format (though that is a thought). We're always looking for great articles to (...) (20 years ago, 15-Oct-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.castle)

        Re: ToPleSs : the Art of building between the studs —Tony Hafner
   (...) Matt Chiles used this technique heavily in his roller coaster, and referred to it as "pony-eared" (the 2x2 plate is pony-eared into the 2x4 plate). This comes from the old castle sets, before there was a horse element. The ears of the horses (...) (20 years ago, 18-Oct-04, to lugnet.build, lugnet.build.schleim, lugnet.trains, FTX)

        Re: ToPleSs : the Art of building between the studs —Matthew J. Chiles
   (...) It wasn't just me who came up with term "pony-eared". It was coined when we were talking about the technique at a PNLTC meeting a couple of years ago in Portland. ToPLeSs is a pretty good name for it too though. :) (...) Enough down-ness. (...) (20 years ago, 19-Oct-04, to lugnet.build, lugnet.build.schleim, lugnet.trains, FTX)