 Announcements / 2722
ToPleSs : the Art of building between the studs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce
Date:
Sat, 9 Oct 2004 16:23:53 GMT

Hello !

The second thing I presented at BricMania (Grenoble, France, July 2004) after the moo-torized cows ( http://news.lugnet.com/announce/moc/?n=2177 ) is a presentation about a building technique : TOPLESs.

TOPLESs is the acronyme of Tile Or Plate Located between Enough Studs.

And because a picture is better than an explanation :

P-LESs

T-LESs

Actually, when I really discovered some tips about this technique, I was building a footbridge for a train station.

So I made research about this technique and found some good applications.

You will find the presentation of my study about this technique in the ILTCO library ( http://www.iltco.org/library/docs/TOPLESS_BM2004.pdf 1.5Mo ) and some of my examples in my Brickshelf gallery http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=100906

Erik / brickerik