 Announcements / 2641 (-20)
  What You Should Bring to BrickFest

As the time draws closer to BrickFest, the question always arises: What does one bring? This is an open-ended question, but here are some things that should be brought: MOST IMPORTANT 1) Bring yourself. There's nothing like being at BrickFest and (...) (20 years ago, 26-Jul-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.games, lugnet.org, lugnet.people, lugnet.general, FTX) !!

  Many Star Wars Minis and More!

Hello dear fellows! I want to thank the forums curator for adding my SW Lego site to the links index here, and I hereby want to invite you to take a trip to my site if you are interested. There are many Mini Models, several Minifigs and some (...) (20 years ago, 23-Jul-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space, lugnet.build.microscale, FTX) !

  2nd LSC: Election Results

The second LSC vote has terminated. The 2004-2005 LDraw.org Standards Committee is: Jacob Sparre Andersen Steve Bliss Tore Eriksson Lars Hassing Orion Pobursky There were a total of 16 respondents. -Tim (20 years ago, 22-Jul-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  GFLTC at GATS Clearwater this weekend

Hi all, The Greater Florida LEGO Train Club will have a layout at the Great American Trains Show (GATS) July 24 and 25, 2004 in Clearwater, Florida. The 24ft X 15ft layout will feature three main lines of trains, a Monorail line, a large yard area, (...) (20 years ago, 22-Jul-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.us.fl, lugnet.org.us.gflug)

  New Users Guide: Call for Volunteers

Dear LUGNET Users, One of the main goals of the LUGNET Tranisition Team is to make LUGNET more open and friendly to new members of the community. In that spirit, and full-filling my role as Content Coordinator, I am putting together a team of (...) (20 years ago, 20-Jul-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.faq, FTX) !!

  Re: BrickFest Hotel info

(...) The Hotel Deadline for BrickFest is Upon Us! July 22 is the last day to get the special BrickFest room rate at the Arlington Hilton! The Hilton is just blocks away from BrickFest and is the perfect place to stay while at the convention! But (...) (20 years ago, 20-Jul-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.build, lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.ca, lugnet.loc.us.ca, lugnet.loc.us.tx, lugnet.loc.us.wa, lugnet.org.us, FTX) !!

  Tech Tower

Hello, After way to much ranting, I decided to take some of Spencer R's advice and work on some building. While I do have a new building that I am working on (and several bricklink sellers know that it is full of tan and technic gears) this note (...) (20 years ago, 20-Jul-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build, lugnet.loc.us.ga.atl, lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.town, FTX) !!

  Followup-To, ex post facto

I have implemented a web interface feature which allows an news admin* to apply a slight change to a news article: If for some reason the 'Followup-To' header on a post was set incorrectly, or was left empty when it should have been set, this can (...) (20 years ago, 20-Jul-04, to lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.announce) !

  LDraw Sessions @ SIGGRAPH

LDraw.org will host two back-to-back Birds of a Feather sessions at (URL) SIGGRAPH 2004> this year. Last year was LDraw.org's first year participating in SIGGRAPH. LDraw activities included an activity area at a LEGO fan booth and an introductory (...) (20 years ago, 19-Jul-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.cad, lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, FTX) !

  Bellevue Store Opening and Spider Man 2 Mosaic

On Saturday, July 10th, a new LEGO store opened in Bellevue, Washington, at the Bellevue Square Mall. The doors opened at 9:30am to an enthusiastic crowd who rushed in to explore the pristine store. The door opening: (URL) Thanks to the fan outreach (...) (20 years ago, 15-Jul-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.mosaic)

  Re: New newsgroup lugnet.color

This is a friendly reminder that the newsgroup lugnet.color exists for discussions about LEGO color issues... (URL) for rants and complaints about color issues. lugnet.general isn't the right place. Please do your best -not- to start or participate (...) (20 years ago, 14-Jul-04, to lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.general, lugnet.color, lugnet.announce) !!

  New tutorial: Running LSynth through MLCad's interface

Hi folks, generating hoses, chains and electical cabels has never been easier - even for people with little CAD experience. Check out this tutorial about MLCad's newest feature and go down to the nuts and bolts of the prog: www.holly-wood.it "Synth" (...) (20 years ago, 14-Jul-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Elliot is Back! New Models! Redesigned Site!

About 1 year, 6 months, and a week ago I posted my last update to my lego site... And now (thanks to tables, frames, and javascript), I would like to present my redesigned site!! (URL) There are five new futuristic models (I have yet to get my (...) (20 years ago, 14-Jul-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha, FTX)

  Re: LEGO Digital Designer 1.2 Available

(...) Including other groups on this too, as I think this is great news all around! Jake --- Jake McKee Community Liaison LEGO Community Development (20 years ago, 13-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.general, lugnet.announce, lugnet.lego, lugnet.lego.announce, lugnet.market.shopping)

  BrickFest Registration ends - August 1st !

BrickFest is only one month away! BrickFest 2004 Washington, DC AUGUST 13-15 You don't want to miss the Best Three Days of LEGO fandom! with community members from all over the world, community leaders hosting seminars, over 30 sessions, the (...) (20 years ago, 13-Jul-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.org, lugnet.loc.us.va, lugnet.org.us.wamalug, lugnet.loc.us.oh, lugnet.loc.us.pa, FTX) !!

  Reserve your BrickFest commemorative container on-line, NOW!

At BrickFest this year, attendants will have the opportunity to purchase 2 different containers, a BrickFest 2004 commemorative container & a ITLCO container. To help us with our planning process, please sign into your BrickFest account: (URL) click (...) (20 years ago, 12-Jul-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org) !!

  *** LDView Version 2.1.01 Released ***

LDView version 2.1.01 is now available, in both source and binary forms. You can download either from: (URL) This version has more bug fixes than anything else. The main new feature is support for snapshots up to 9999x9999 on arbitrary video (...) (20 years ago, 11-Jul-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad)

  May's Winners for LDraw.org's Model/Scene of the Month Contest

Congratulations to the winners of the May Model/Scene of the month contests: (URL) MOTM, Chris Parkinson, Masakari> (URL) SOTM, Bruno Kurth, 2-wide Land> -Orion (20 years ago, 10-Jul-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.announce, FTX)

  AFOLs Comic book distribution @ BrickFest 2004

Hi All, The new AFOLs Comic books are NOW available!!! You may have seen Jake's announcement several months ago (URL) These books are for handing out at shows and events as a “recruiting” tool and to tell people about AFOLs. In a nutshell the comic (...) (20 years ago, 9-Jul-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.org, lugnet.people.newbie, lugnet.publish, FTX) !!

  BrickFest 2004 to Attempt a Sub-60 Minute ISD Record

BrickFest Attendees! I am excited to announce that BrickFest 2004 will be able to attempt to break the current record set recently by a 10 member team at 1000 Steine-Land of 1 hour 2 minutes and 28 seconds. This will be an all out attempt to break (...) (20 years ago, 9-Jul-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.events.1000steine-land) !!

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact