 Announcements / 2541 (-20)
  LDraw.org Ad-Hoc Organizing Committee - Wrap-Up and Thank You

The LDraw.org Ad-Hoc Organizing Committee (4+1) would like to take the time to publicly wrap up its duties as the provisional authority for LDraw.org with a few words. First, a big thank-you to everyone who helped in the organizing process. We thank (...) (20 years ago, 14-May-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.org, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, FTX)

  Steering Committee results

All: The winners of the LDraw Steering Committee Election are (in alphabetical order by last name): Kevin L. Clague Tim Courtney* Chris Dee Larry Pieniazek Orion Pobursky A total of 86 votes were cast. I did not cast a vote in this election. (...) (20 years ago, 14-May-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.announce, lugnet.org) !!

  BrickFest participants for 2004

I am looking for a participant of BrickFest 2004. I want someone who is a minifig fan and has some promo and rare minifigs that they wish to display. Or even just a fan that wishes to display some figs. I want to donate a cabinet to this effort. I (...) (20 years ago, 14-May-04, to lugnet.announce)

  2nd Annual Midwest Lego Train Show ........call for participation........

2nd Annual Midwest Lego Train Show NILTC is pleased to announce that we will be holding the 2nd Annual Midwest Lego Train Show in Wheaton, IL December 4-5th. This show was proven to be a great success last year smashing all previous attendance (...) (20 years ago, 14-May-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.trains.org.niltc, lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.org.us.michiana-lug, lugnet.org.us.indylug, lugnet.org.us.lrgoaa, lugnet.org.us.gmlug, lugnet.trains.org)

  Call for Group Train Layout at BrickFest™ 2004

Call for Group Train Layout at BrickFest™ 2004 Once again we would like to extend an invitation to all individuals, LEGO® train clubs or clubs that organize other displays with trains in them to set up a display at BrickFest™. For those of you who (...) (20 years ago, 14-May-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, FTX) !

  Got an AFOL record setting Lego MOC!?

Comming in the next MONTH, an "unofficial AFOL records site". I came up with this idea today. Basicaly I'm aiming for largest, and most catagories, i.e.: Most minifigs Largest castle Largest Caslte Army Tallest Minifig Building Tallest Tower ... the (...) (20 years ago, 14-May-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.publish.html, lugnet.publish.photography, lugnet.general, FTX) !

  Less then 3 months till BrickFest

BrickFest, the largest AFOL event in North America, is three months away. Registration for the event opened over a week ago, with many people already registering and planning to attend the Fest. (URL) year marks the 5 anniversary of BrickFest. From (...) (20 years ago, 13-May-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.people, lugnet.org, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.events) !!

  (canceled)

  CedarLUG Meeting Tonight

First of all I would like to say, "I am nervous to be posting". This is one of my first posts to LUGNET and I hope that I have done it correctly (If not I know I will be told :) ). Second, I placed lugnet.org in the "Request Followups to:" field (...) (20 years ago, 12-May-04, to lugnet.announce)

  Top secret project - we need your help

All, Richard and I (mostly Richard, thanks Richard!) have been working on a new survey tool to get a better handle on the AFOL part desires. We have been working on a super top secret project – we’ll call it Project X - for many months now, and it’s (...) (20 years ago, 11-May-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.lego.announce, lugnet.color, lugnet.announce, FTX) !!

  Newest member of the LCD Team

I have some good news to pass along – Jan Beyer, a LEGO colleague has joined the LEGO Community Development (LCD) Team to help me out. Jan will be working with the German community. Jan will report into me, but will be the main point of contact (...) (20 years ago, 11-May-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.announce, lugnet.lego.announce) !

  NGLTC club house at Discover Mills Mall this summer

Once again the North Georgia LEGO Train club (NGLTC) will have a summer “club house” at the Discover Mills Outlet Mall in Gwinnett county Georgia. Like last year we will be occupying an empty store in the mall and filling it with our LEGO train (...) (20 years ago, 11-May-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.us.ga, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  COLTC to display at Dennison, Ohio's TrainFest from July 30 - August 1, 2004

COLTC will have a 30 x 30 foot layout at the Dennison, Ohio Train Festival from July 30 - August 1, 2004. We are still working out the details of the layout, but we have been asked by the TranFest event co-ordinator to bring along Paul Janssen's 4+ (...) (20 years ago, 10-May-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.us.oh) !!

  MichLUG to display at the Motor City Comic Con - Castle & Space - May 14-16

MichLUG has been invited to display at the Motor City Comic Con for a third time now. We will have a Moonbase layout with 10 regular sized modules and 4 super sized modules. Along with a monorail, many lading pads and ships galore there will be 75 (...) (20 years ago, 10-May-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.org, lugnet.castle, lugnet.space, FTX) !!

  New newsgroup lugnet.color

A new newsgroup/list lugnet.color has been created for the focused discussion LEGO colors. Cross-posting is OK, within reason, but please be careful to set the followup field to direct color discussions to lugnet.color -- especially rants, (...) (20 years ago, 9-May-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.admin.nntp, lugnet.general, lugnet.lego) !!

  My Honours Project

Last year I completed an Honours year in Applied Mathematics at the University of Melbourne. My project was on the segregation of granular materials in a rotating drum. If a horizontal cylinder is approximately half-filled with two granular (...) (20 years ago, 8-May-04, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.edu, lugnet.announce, FTX)

  Update: Universal colors - beginnings

Many people have asked what colors are currently considered "universal" or locked. This means that these colors will almost certainly never be changed. Universal colors are colors that we consider to be untouchable for change. While the final list (...) (20 years ago, 6-May-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego, lugnet.announce) !!

  The prefect answer to deciding which parts to make in the old colors

Basicly, builders for each theme (well certainly the core themes like space, castle, pirates, town, trains & technic) would come up with a list of the parts that they most use. Then, from there, the lists would be combined (I suspect that quite a (...) (20 years ago, 6-May-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego, lugnet.announce)

  New MOCs

Hi folks! I've posted a few new MOCs on my Brickshelf area, mostly those that were displayed at the 500 Festival Kid's Day in Indianapolis on May 1. It includes my first attempt at a Mecha figure, as well as a space pirate ship, grandstands and a (...) (20 years ago, 6-May-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha, FTX)

  More pictures!

Just in case you haven't had enough, there are now 78 more photos from (URL) SCLTC>'s display at Fullerton Railroad Days! (URL) Follow this link for more pictures: (URL). Enjoy! - Thomas Michon Webmaster, (URL) SCLTC> (20 years ago, 5-May-04, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc, lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.general, FTX) !!

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact