 Announcements / 2533
2532  |  2534
Subject:
CedarLUG Meeting Tonight
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce
Date:
Wed, 12 May 2004 22:25:57 GMT

First of all I would like to say, "I am nervous to be posting".  This is one of
my first posts to LUGNET and I hope that I have done it correctly (If not I know
I will be told :) ).

Second, I placed lugnet.org in the "Request Followups to:" field because my LUG
has not been added to the mail list yet.

Third, I have been a member of FBTB (the greatest Star Wars LEGO site) for the
last couple of years but for reasons stated below, I knew I had to be at LUGNET
too.

Fourth- I have been browsing and reading for a while to get the feel of how to
post and I have found that this is a great site -- thanks to all those who
contribute.

Finally- The reason for my brazen announcement -- The birth of a new LUG.

Here is the nitty-gritty:

Club Name - CedarLUG

Interum President - Brian Pilati (Cedar Sith is my screen name)

State - Utah

Boundaries - St. George to Beaver (about 100 square miles).

Name Theory - I live in Cedar City, Utah and you make it, you name it.

History - Three of us (Myself, Dave Jones and Justin Asay) have been meeting
regularly at my home for the last two or three years to build.  I found that in
order to realize my dreams of MOCing I needed more AFOLs.  So I created
CedarLUG.  Our first meeting was last month and we had about 10 kids (under 18
years old) and 4 adults show up.  That was a great start.

Next Meeting - Tonight (I was just approved to post ergo the lateness of my
post) at 7 p.m. at Across the Board Games (137 North Main, Cedar City, Utah)

Tonight's Theme - Space.