 Announcements / 2496 (-20)
  Galactic Requiem update - More dystopia

After long and ardous work, I am ready to present the updated (URL) Galactic Requiem> page. For those of you who missed the last announcement, Galactic Requiem is a dystopic comic, illustrated entirely in LEGO bricks. Improvements since last time: (...) (20 years ago, 24-Apr-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.announce, FTX)

  LEGO.com Nominated for a Webby!

That's right, our favorite toy company's web site is up for a Webby award! LEGO.com has been nominated for the Best Practices category. Take a look here: (URL) can sign up to vote for the Webby awards by following this link: (URL) go, sign up, and (...) (20 years ago, 23-Apr-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.lego, lugnet.publish)

  Curious Kids' Museum Show - Caslte, Town/Train, Space & Aquazone

MichLUG was pleased to display at the Curious Kids' Museum for a second year running during their annual LEGO creation contest. This year we assembled displays for four seperate themes. The Space and Aquazone were a little on the small side and we (...) (20 years ago, 23-Apr-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.space, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.castle, lugnet.aquazone, FTX) !!

  LDraw.org 2004-02 Parts Update Now Available

Wee-hoo! This one's a biggie! :) The 2004-02 parts update has been unleashed. It includes 408 files, with 122 new part files. A special treat are the two largest parts we've ever had the privilege of including in the LDraw.org parts library. The (...) (20 years ago, 23-Apr-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad) !!

  New Tutorial: How to make thumbnails for your inventory using a batch file for LDView

hi folks, do you fancy thumbnails for your inventory or do you feel that the parts list of your model also deserves images of the single parts? (URL) one of the ways to render effortlessly a bunch of identical part images is batch-filing LDview. (...) (20 years ago, 21-Apr-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad.dev, FTX) !

  P-38 Space Contest Winners!

Thanks to everyone who entered. You are all rad and awesome. I'm still building the 4 trophies and I'll show them and display the winners on the contest page in a bit, but until then: The microfig scale winner: (URL) MINI A38 by Miklos Hosszu: The 3 (...) (20 years ago, 21-Apr-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.military, lugnet.general, FTX) !

  James' Castle Project

After a few months of sitting on my hard drive I've uploaded the pictures of my latest project to my site. The project is to build a castle modularly, each time building on the previous so at the end of each stage I havew a full castle. Stages 1-3 (...) (20 years ago, 21-Apr-04, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.announce, FTX) !!

  BIP Contest II comes to an end

Well, after several months, and with 850 Building Instructions added to the BIP, the (URL) Contest II: Contest Reloaded> has come to an end. You can check out the winning entries at the (URL) (as well as the fat prizes the winners have coming soon), (...) (20 years ago, 21-Apr-04, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, FTX) !!

  NYCLUG Meeting #2 Minutes & An Invite

Hey guys: Thanks again for being there... and thanks also for forgiving my tardiness (in both coming to the meeting and for this email). As always, it's fun to get together, show off our MOC's, sort for pieces aaaaandto keep playing while some (...) (20 years ago, 20-Apr-04, to lugnet.announce, FTX)

  A GeeBee for the Zoo...

Oh, forget the delay, I can't hold out on this! I've been commissioned by the (URL) Kalamazoo Air Zoo>, a new air & space museum in Kalamazoo, MI, to build a sculpture for their grand opening. I got to choose the subject, so what better than a (...) (20 years ago, 19-Apr-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.loc.us.mi, FTX)

  1000steine-Land 2004 in Berlin (2nd-4th July)

(URL) Hi all, after last years big success there will be another 1000steine-Land in Berlin's Novotel near Tegel Airport this year! The open days for the public will be on • Friday, 2nd July 2004 - 9.00 am till 7.00 pm + Pirates Bar-B-Q • Saturday, (...) (20 years ago, 14-Apr-04, to lugnet.events.1000steine-land, lugnet.announce, FTX) !!

  zemi.net

My site recently went live for what I feel like is the first time. This is its 4th and best build. Kyle Keppler helped me with the php and he is awesome. Check it out: (URL) [ j o n ] (URL) zemi.net> (URL) moonbase> (20 years ago, 12-Apr-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.publish, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.general, lugnet.space, FTX) !!

  The Brain-Trusts newest weapon.

The Brain-Trust is proud to unveil its newest weapon. Designed to defend our installations, by striking fear into the hearts of the enemy. It's heavily armored to protect our squishy squishy brains from your flesh-o-poid weapons. As you check out (...) (20 years ago, 11-Apr-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.announce, lugnet.build, FTX)

  The Great Breathe Some Life into .loc.au Competition!

G'day, The Great Breath Some Life into .loc.au Competition ===...=== Prizes have been donated by Mel Caddick, OzBricks and Richie Dulin. Entry is open to all MOCs submitted by Australians, of an Australian theme, or submitted by a person physically (...) (20 years ago, 8-Apr-04, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.space, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.general, FTX) !

  [Press Release] MichLUG to show at Curious Kids Museum

Contact: Jason Spears jason@michlug.org 269.556.1989 (home) FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Benton Harbor Area, MI - The Michigan LEGO Users Group (MichLUG) is pleased to announce that it will be displaying at the Curious Kids Museum in St. Joseph, MI. This (...) (20 years ago, 8-Apr-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org, lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, lugnet.space) !

  BrickFest 2004

I'm pleased to announce that BrickFest 2004 will beheld on the weekend of August 13-15th, 2004 Please review the website for more information. (URL) Hitchcock BrickFest (20 years ago, 6-Apr-04, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.people, lugnet.build, lugnet.events, lugnet.fun.community) !!

  Crystal Reef

(URL) Some of you guys have come up with ways to make nano-scale Moonbase modules, but I figured why stop there? Why not make them so they'll fit in with a standard Moonbase layout? After all, there's an added potential for scale-based humor. When I (...) (20 years ago, 6-Apr-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build.microscale, lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.us.michlug, FTX)

  MichLUG April Meeting Report

Another meeting, although we had a strange run of last minute cancelations from members, we still had seven members in attendance and one guest. A number of interesting new creations were brought and our guest (John M. Knight) brought more than (...) (20 years ago, 5-Apr-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.loc.us.mi, FTX)

  2nd NYCLUG Meeting -- Sunday, April 18

Howdy all! Please highlight this message to ensure visibility on LUGNET. Looks like Sunday, April 18th is the (mostly) agreed upon date for the second NYCLUG. As with the first, it will take place at the Citigroup Center in Manhattan, again starting (...) (20 years ago, 4-Apr-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.us.ny, FTX)

  Voting now open for April's MOTM and SOTM contests

The voting for the April Model of the Month and Scene of the Month contests is now open at LDraw.org. Visit the (URL) voting page> to cast your vote. This is the first month of the new MOTM rules format. Any comment regarding this new format are (...) (20 years ago, 4-Apr-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.announce, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact