 Announcements / 2301 (-20)
  Introducing the SG-Wing: The AC-DC/Star Wars ship!

(URL) came the X-Wing, then the Y, A and B Wings, and now here's the SG-Wing! This is what AC-DC's Angus Young would be flying if he were in the Star Wars universe! LMKWYT! Sincerely, Marlon Wuytenburg www.blockaholic.com (21 years ago, 23-Nov-03, to lugnet.announce)

  LEGO Art in Saturday Telegraph Magazine (UK)

Hi there, This Saturday's (22 Nov) Daily Telegraph Magazine (a UK newspaper for non-UK people) has an article about two British artists (John Cake & Darren Neave) who use LEGO for their work. They build replicas of larger works by more famous (...) (21 years ago, 22-Nov-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.mediawatch)

  NELUG displays at 11/03 Greenberg Train Show in Wilmington MA.

NELUG showed one of its most changed layouts at the 11/03 Greenberg train Show in Wilmington MA. About 80% of all the buildings were new to the layout. Pictures can be found at. (URL) Kingsley (21 years ago, 20-Nov-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.general)

  MichLTC to display at the SE MI Model Train Show

MichLTC will be displaying at the Annual Southeast Michigan Model Train Show in Ann Arbor, Michigan on November 30th, from 10am till 4pm. There will be over 100 tables of model trains and railroadiana for sale, several operating layouts, and trains (...) (21 years ago, 20-Nov-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org)

  Colossal Castle Contest

The Classic Castle Team is proud to announce our first building contest: The Colossal Castle Contest. (URL) This contest is a bit different than other contests. We have a variety of categories each with one prize for the winner. Some categories (...) (21 years ago, 20-Nov-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.castle, FTX) !!

  New Poll regarding new colors

I slapped together a (URL) poll> about the new colors. PLEASE sound off! James Wilson, Dallas, TX Lugnet Member 1783 (21 years ago, 19-Nov-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general, FTX) !!

  (canceled)

  Our Lady of the Snows Exhibit - My setup experience

Hey all, This past weekend (URL) Our Lady of the Snows Shrine> in Belleville, IL launched the Way of Lights event, so I'm free to post this now. Last weekend (October 7-9) I drove down to St. Louis from Ottumwa, IA to help Dan Parker and Gary (...) (21 years ago, 17-Nov-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.people, lugnet.loc.us.mo.stl, lugnet.build.sculpture, FTX) !

  BrickCase, Mini-Itx form-factor lego case

Here's the second case design I've built around a mini-itx VIA EPIA 800 mainboard: (3 URLs) The BrickCase is entirely made of Lego bricks and uses no glue whatsoever (but does make use of several nylon washers, nuts, bolts and miniature screws) and (...) (21 years ago, 15-Nov-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.build, FTX) !

  Hooklift Truck Poster

Jeroen de Haan has kindly made a poster of my hooklift truck render and placed it on (URL) . Thanks Jeroen! I rendered the poster at a far higher resolution than previously to allow better quality prinouts; it took an Athlon XP 2000 over a week to (...) (21 years ago, 14-Nov-03, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.technic, lugnet.announce)

  Pictures!... SCLTC at the San Diego Model Railroad Museum

SCLTC is up and running at the San Diego Model Railroad Museum in Balboa Park! Fifteen members set up shop on Sunday, November 9 and manned our opening day on Tuesday, November 11. Pictures are online at (URL) SCLTC website>. Here are some samples (...) (21 years ago, 14-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains.org.scltc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, lugnet.announce, FTX) !!

  * LDrawDesignPad LDDP 1.51 released *

Hi! This is mostly a maintenance release. Thank you to everyone who gave feedback on version 1.50! Download it here: (URL) (LDDP) is a tool for editing and handling LDraw files in a very comfortable way. Features are: -Fully customizable editor with (...) (21 years ago, 14-Nov-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev)

  I'm a Master Builder finalist from DC!

Greetings all. I wanted to share my excitement of being chosen as one of three DC finalists for the position of LEGOLAND Master Model Builder: (URL) I'm at the bottom of the page. The next step is the final build-off in San Diego, CA at LEGOLAND in (...) (21 years ago, 13-Nov-03, to lugnet.events, lugnet.space, lugnet.org.scibrick, lugnet.announce, lugnet.mediawatch, FTX) !!

  E Harshbarger at N'tnl Toy Hall of Fame, 15-16 Nov

Hi all, Just a note to say that I will be at the Strong Museum this weekned in Rochester, NY. Here is the (copied and pasted) text of the associated press release: “Adventures in Toyland” Weekend at Strong Museum November 15 & 16 ROCHESTER, New (...) (21 years ago, 13-Nov-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.announce) !

  MichLUG to display at the 19th Annual Festival of Trees - Detroit

MichLUG is happy to announce that we will be supporting the Children's Hospital of Michigan by sponsoring a tree at the 19th Annual Festival of Trees (Detroit). Festival of Trees is the largest annual special event fundraiser for Children's Hospital (...) (21 years ago, 13-Nov-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.org, lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.loc.us.mi) !

  BrickFest™ PDX website & registration launch!!!

BrickFest PDX 2004 Portland, OR USA - February 13-15, 2004 We are pleased to announce the launch of the BrickFest™ PDX website and the opening of the event registration! A very special THANKS to Kelly McKiernan (our webmaster) for doing such a GREAT (...) (21 years ago, 13-Nov-03, to lugnet.announce, FTX) !!

  Posable Horse Instructions

Okay, it's not up to Lego publication standards, but it should be helpful: (URL) parts list is also included. Alan (21 years ago, 11-Nov-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build, lugnet.castle)

  A&M LWorks Presents MAFIA: City of Lost Heaven BIs

A&M LWorks is proud to annouce not 1... not 2... or 3... bUT 6 NEW building instructions!! These 6 BIs are part of a new series by Andrzej Szlaga entitled: Mafia: The City of Lost Heaven Set I This project has been on going for over 4 months now and (...) (21 years ago, 10-Nov-03, to lugnet.announce, FTX)

  New Posable Horse pictures

As part of my ongoing vain, and ultimately futile, attempt to gain MOC immortality within the Lego community, I present my Posable Horses: King's Horsemen (URL) Apocalypse (URL) So far I have not been able to create a MOC horse that will fit inside (...) (21 years ago, 10-Nov-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build, lugnet.castle) !!

  NGLTC building event at Scottish Rite Children's Hospital in Atlanta

This weekend North Georgia LEGO Train Club (NGLTC) held an ornament building session at Scottish Rite Children's Hospital in Atlanta. Here the patients and families were invited to come down and build ornaments that will be a part of the NGLTC tree (...) (21 years ago, 10-Nov-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains.org)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact