 Announcements / 2122
  Rubic Cube

Hi there, I've just updated my LEGO page with pictures of my Technic Rubic Cube. You can find it by following the LEGO Technic link on the side menu at: (URL) a fully working replica of a Rubic Cube. At the moment there are only a few photos and (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jun-03, to lugnet.announce) !!

  Re: Rubic Cube

(...) Brilliant. I don't know what else to say.... that's just bloody brilliant. The corner pieces are a very skilled bit of building. Spotlighted, and well-deserved. Wow. Allan B. (21 years ago, 12-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Rubic Cube

Um, wow... File this under "thought that would be impossible." This makes my brain hurt and in my book that's a good thing! Well done! Bravo! -Jason (21 years ago, 12-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Rubic Cube

Sweet! Yet another stunning creation with the our favorite constuction toy! I seem to remeber someone building a Mindstorms bot that solves the REAL Rubik's cube.... perhaps you could team up and have an ALL Lego Rubik conglomerate. Awesome work (...) (21 years ago, 12-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Rubic Cube

(...) Sure, that's a job for JP Brown ;o)) (URL) cool cube ! maybe someone will tackle the 4x4x4 cube ??? Philo www.philohome.com (21 years ago, 12-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Rubic Cube

(...) Sweet. Very impressive. Thanks for sharing. -J +---...---+ Jason Spears MichLUG - (URL) MOCpage - (URL) (21 years ago, 12-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Rubic Cube

(...) Oh my heavens! I gave up after I solved Rubik's Clock, a far easier task than the Cube. As for 4x4x4, I think I'll just quietly retire to grow Lego tomatoes or something. :-) Becky (21 years ago, 12-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Rubic Cube

(...) Wonderful! (21 years ago, 12-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Rubic Cube

(...) Some people are very hard to please :-) That reminds me of the Fundamental Inductive Theorem of Juggling: "If an audience has ever once seen n objects juggled, they will not be satisfied with any performance involving fewer than n+1 objects" * (...) (21 years ago, 12-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Rubic Cube

Thanks for the comments everyone! I printed out some coloured 'stickers' for the sides at work so watch out for some new photos! Hmm a 4x4 cube ... how do they work ... Martin (URL) (21 years ago, 12-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Rubic Cube

(...) Can't wait! I might have to just build my own! One suggestion though - you should try to use a colour other than black for the close-ups - black is notoriously hard to photograph with good detail. ROSCO (21 years ago, 12-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Rubic Cube

(...) Congratulations!!! Your Rubic Cube is a triumph! I tried a long time ago but I got as far as destroying the real one and gave up. Very well done! Best regards, Paul (21 years ago, 12-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Rubic Cube

Martin- Incredible! Just incredible! Well done. -Ted Michon Irvine, CA (21 years ago, 13-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Rubic Cube

Thanks for the comments & good luck! Fair point about black - it doesn't come out too well. I've changed the close-ups to white. Please excuse the ancient, less than white bricks :-) Martin. (...) (21 years ago, 13-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Rubic Cube Movie (was Rubic Cube)

Hi, I've managed to make a small mpeg movie of my Technic Rubic Cube in action. It's about 30 seconds long and shows two rotations. I had to be careful since the cube can dramatically self destruct!! Anyway it will give you an idea of what it looks (...) (21 years ago, 18-Jun-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.technic)