 Announcements / 1871 (-20)
  MINIFIG HALL OF FAME WEBSITE !!!!

MINIFIG HALL OF FAME The project was an idea of Suzanne Rich, the co-founder of Lugnet. She did a poll some months ago and I never saw follow-ups. (URL) I asked her permission to take the project over. She agreed, saying she wouldn't have time to do (...) (22 years ago, 1-Dec-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.fun, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.build.minifigs) !

  WINNERS of the Poster Contest !!!!!!

Thanks to read this message. I am pleased with the results of our contest. Though not many people did participate, the number of visitors have been considerably high. I think this means many people liked the concept, but few were willing to take the (...) (22 years ago, 1-Dec-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.announce, lugnet.build, lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.fun) !

  ldraw.org MOTM & SOTM Winners for November 2002

Hello all, And the winners are; MOTM - Allister McLaren for his Technic Trike. A very clean and simple model, well thought out minimalist design. SOTM - James P. Hilton for his untitled boat/trailer scene. Very imaginative insertion of a model into (...) (22 years ago, 1-Dec-02, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  LDraw.org Parts Update 2002-05 Now Available

This fifth update for 2002 contains 199 files, including 116 new parts. As always, along with the new parts, there are various fixes, new primitives, and name changes. The Parts Tracker is now up and running again, but the 2002-05 parts preview (...) (22 years ago, 30-Nov-02, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev) !

  *** LDView Version 1.9.8 Released ***

Whoops! The previous subject line was wrong, but the message was correct. 1.9.8 is now available. Sorry about that. --Travis Cobbs (tcobbs@REMOVE.halibut.com) (22 years ago, 30-Nov-02, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad)

  *** LDView Version 1.9.7 Released ***

LDView version 1.9.8 is now available, in both source and binary forms. You can download either from: (URL) highlights of version 1.9.8 include: Added support for multiple named sets of preferences Added examine/fly-through mode indicator icon to (...) (22 years ago, 30-Nov-02, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad)

  Invitation to LEGO fest, Sweden, Ludvika. 13th December

Hi! I'm hosting a LEGO fest in Ludvika, Sweden. When? Start Friday the 13th of December End Sunday the 15th of December If you only can make it one day, aim for Saturday. Where? Dalecarlia, Ludvika, Sweden. Smallish town next to Borlänge. 2h drive (...) (22 years ago, 29-Nov-02, to lugnet.loc.se, lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.fi, lugnet.loc.dk, lugnet.loc.no) !

  LPub 2.1.0.0 Available

LPub 2.1.0.0 is now available at (URL) number of bug are fixed in this release: - a major problem with numeric fields in the graphics user interface. - crashes when starting LPub without POV-Ray installed - other sources of crashes - the version (...) (22 years ago, 28-Nov-02, to lugnet.announce)

  Additions to my Town Planning site

I've added two new articles to my Town Planning site, one on Layout Design: (URL) one on Ideas for Buildings: (URL) you have comments, corrections, additions, or ideas for more articles (especially if you'd like to write one!) please let me know. (...) (22 years ago, 27-Nov-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build, lugnet.announce) !

  MOC: Dutch Otherdam downtown and Suburbian home 'Wybert'

New on LEGO on my mind: *Otherdam downtown* Otherdam downtown is a LEGO version of an imaginary Dutch city block. Have a look at a mix of old and new, along a typical canal. Take a visual tour through town. Building tips will be added soon. Also, (...) (22 years ago, 27-Nov-02, to lugnet.town, lugnet.announce, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.general) !!

  NCLTC Christmas Layout Display @ South Hills Mall - Raleigh, NC

The North Carolina LEGO Train Club will have a 10'x20' layout on display from December 1st through December 28th at South Hills Mall in Raleigh, North Carolina. Our layout is part of the Christmas theme of the Mall and will be set up in the open (...) (22 years ago, 26-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains.org.ncltc, lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.org.us.nclug, lugnet.announce, lugnet.events) !

  livejournal lego trains community

i didn't see an existing lego trains community on livejournal.com, so i went ahead and created one. if you are a livejournal user, and would like to join the community, come on over. this is not meant as a replacement for lugnet in any way, simply a (...) (22 years ago, 26-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce)

  MichLTC train/town display at local NMRC show, Livonia MI

The Michigan Lego Train Club displayed in Livonia this past Sunday. While this was an extremely small layout for us because of limited setup time, I think we had a very strong display with a lot of great detail. Many of the buildings have already (...) (22 years ago, 26-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.announce) !!

  #2 of 3 San Francisco landmarks, Sunol Water Temple

Here is #2 of 3…. For those who aren’t from the bay-area here is a piece you probably haven’t seen. This is the Sunol water temple located in Sunol Ca, a very small town southeast of San Francisco. Famed San Francisco architect Willis Polk, who (...) (22 years ago, 24-Nov-02, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build, lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.disney, lugnet.announce)

  Lego RPG DraK'en.

Hello, I've recently completed one of my comprehensive lego rpgs for your enjoyment, so here goes. (URL) before you click on the aforementioned site link, I'll explain some of the features further. 1. Rules can be fixed to fit the interests of the (...) (22 years ago, 23-Nov-02, to lugnet.gaming, lugnet.general, lugnet.announce)

  SCLTC up and running at SDMRRM now through New Years!

The SCLTC multilevel LEGO train layout that debuted for 2 days at the Discovery Science Center in Santa Ana in October and 2 days at the Cal Stewart show in Pasadena earlier in November is is up and running for 6 full weeks at the San Diego Model (...) (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.announce) !!

  Re: NovaLUG 2nd Show (Dartmouth)

Hello again, I forgot to mention that I motorized all the switches for the train yard. Nothing fancy, like no mindstorms involved, but I built 5 different version to test and they worked well for the display, because they would have been hard to (...) (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.events, lugnet.announce, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.ca.ns, lugnet.loc.ca)

  More than 42,000 click thrus!

WOW! I just did a query on the Building Instructions Portal and found that there have been more than 42,000 click thrus from the 200 Building Instruction links on the B.I. Portal! ((URL) just in case, you need another reason to add your links, just (...) (22 years ago, 20-Nov-02, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.announce)

  NovaLUG 2nd Show (Dartmouth)

Hey folks, Our fledgling NovaLUG is proud to announce the successful completion of our second public event. We were invited to participate in the Dartmouth Model Train & Hobby Show on November 16th in the Dartmouth Sportsplex. We couldn't have asked (...) (22 years ago, 20-Nov-02, to lugnet.events, lugnet.announce, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.ca.ns, lugnet.loc.ca) !

  National Hockey League and Lego Company announce multi-year global alliance

The National Hockey League and the LEGO Company today announce a multi-year global merchandising and marketing alliance uniting one of the most popular international sports leagues and entertainment brands, particularly among young people, with one (...) (22 years ago, 19-Nov-02, to lugnet.announce) !!

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact