 Announcements / 1544
    Help Get Brickshelf Instructions on www.lego.com —John MacDonald
   I encourage EVERYONE to go to (URL) to the Buying BULK LEGO BRICKS After several page you get to this page. What other building tips or instructions would you like to have on www.LEGO.com? Add the following Instructions for all Lego Sets When you (...) (22 years ago, 3-Mar-02, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.announce.brickshelf, lugnet.lego, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade) !

        Re: Help Get Brickshelf Instructions on www.lego.com —Richard Marchetti
     (...) What is the history behind this move? Is there agreement that this would be a desirable result? Does Kevin Loch want this? Tell me everything I don't know... -- Hop-Frog (22 years ago, 3-Mar-02, to lugnet.lego)

         Re: Help Get Brickshelf Instructions on www.lego.com —Mark Riley
     "richard marchetti" <blueofnoon@aol.com> wrote in message news:GsE47x.12M@lugnet.com... (...) for (...) be (...) don't (...) I know you know this, but Lego wouldn't need the BrickShelf scans if they wanted to make the instructions available online. (...) (22 years ago, 13-Mar-02, to lugnet.lego)

        Re: Help Get Brickshelf Instructions on www.lego.com —Larry Pieniazek
     (...) While I applaud your sentiment I suspect that I'd rather the instructions stay on BrickShelf(tm) and that Lego(r) fund the bandwidth expense of making them available. If they were on the TLC site, there would be issues with quality. Many (...) (22 years ago, 3-Mar-02, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.lego.direct)

         Re: Help Get Brickshelf Instructions on www.lego.com —Ray Sanders
      (...) Yep. If the instructions were on TLCs site, there would be much more exposure and probably more utilization. 100GB/day ? Who knows. (...) Hear, hear. That motion is seconded. That or for TLC to buy enough of the banner ad space to make it (...) (22 years ago, 3-Mar-02, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.lego.direct)

          Re: Help Get Brickshelf Instructions on www.lego.com —Allan Bedford
      (...) Isn't that a good thing? Wouldn't it be better to have them available to anyone who wants them? Exposing them to more fans would result in more folks renewing or embracing an interest in LEGO bricks, wouldn't it? Regards, Allan B. - Expert (...) (22 years ago, 3-Mar-02, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.lego.direct)

          Re: Help Get Brickshelf Instructions on www.lego.com —Larry Pieniazek
      (...) Yes, and if that were the only issue then it would be a good thing. But like I said in my post in response I fear two very serious things that out weigh that. - ALL the 'lesser quality' instructions would be removed since it's a corporate (...) (22 years ago, 4-Mar-02, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.lego.direct)

          Re: Help Get Brickshelf Instructions on www.lego.com —Allan Bedford
      (...) Companies have every right to protect their public image. This is part of the trademark issue and has been thoroughly discussed on this site previously. Suffice to say that I feel LEGO has to make sure that they project the image they want (...) (22 years ago, 4-Mar-02, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.lego.direct)

         Re: Help Get Brickshelf Instructions on www.lego.com —Ka-On Lee
     (...) I expect the opposite would happen. Remember that ultra low-res unreadable 8458 alternate model instruction? (22 years ago, 4-Mar-02, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.lego.direct)

         Re: Help Get Brickshelf Instructions on www.lego.com —Thomas Stangl
     It wasn't THAT unreadable. I saved the original jpgs and tweaked the contrast, and it was easy enough to build the Street Sensation. But yes, it WOULD have been nice if the pics were twice the size or larger. (...) -- Tom Stangl ***(URL) Visual FAQ (...) (22 years ago, 3-Apr-02, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.lego.direct)

        Re: Help Get Brickshelf Instructions on www.lego.com —Allan Bedford
   (...) spent time and/or money or set up this feedback service and I believe it's important for it to get some use. Then, even if they still won't release sets you want, or bulk bricks in the way you want, at least you can say you tried. Nothing (...) (22 years ago, 3-Mar-02, to lugnet.lego)