 LEGO Company / 345
Re: Help Get Brickshelf Instructions on www.lego.com
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego
Date:
Wed, 13 Mar 2002 18:15:15 GMT

"richard marchetti" <blueofnoon@aol.com> wrote in message
news:GsE47x.12M@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.announce, John MacDonald writes:
If everyone does this, maybe Lego will start carrying the instructions • for
Lego sets.

What is the history behind this move?  Is there agreement that this would • be
a desirable result?  Does Kevin Loch want this?  Tell me everything I • don't
know...

I know you know this, but Lego wouldn't need the BrickShelf scans
if they wanted to make the instructions available online.  If they did
make the instructions available, I'm sure they'd want them to be at
a consistent quality level (they're big on this quality issue, ya know...)

What might be nice is a comprehensive museum of sorts with decent
resolution pictures of old models.  Maybe even include a page or two
from each instruction booklet.  Personally, I like the instructions
for getting an idea or two here and there.  I don't need the entire
instruction booklet for that.  I mean, the idea behind Lego is to use
your imagination.  Ideally, the instructions are just a starting point...

Cheers,

Mark