 Animation / 810
Re: LD4DModeler 1.1
Newsgroups:
lugnet.animation
Date:
Thu, 20 Jan 2005 21:31:54 GMT

In lugnet.animation, Roland Melkert wrote:
Hello all.

I've been busy with other stuff for over a year but last weekend I
picked up my LD4DModeler project.

I've renewed and relocated it's website and released version 1.1.

The 1.1 version fixes some irritating bugs I've found while doing a
large project a while back. I just never made it public (forgot all
about it).

You can find the new version at

http://www.rolandmelkert.nl/LD4DModeler/download

Also I've began work on version 2 and would like it if people give me
feedback / ideas for it's development.

I've setup a forum for these discussions, you can also post bugs or
questions there.

PS: For the people unfamiliar with LD4DModeler, it's a user interface
driven animator for LDraw parts. It does so by generating POV files (via
l3p) per frame, whom you can combine (after rendering by povray) with a
tool like BMP2AVI.

Greetings,

Roland

It's nice to see that you're continuing development of the program.
One suggestion: it would be nice if your program supported other transformations
(besides just rotation and translation), in the form of plugins that users could
create and pass on to others.
Also, it would be great if you could add a spline motion path function that
takes the starting and ending locations as well as the object as input
parameters.