 Animation / 611
Re: Unfinished Project Release
Newsgroups:
lugnet.animation
Date:
Fri, 2 Jan 2004 22:17:33 GMT

Animating with POVray is a matter of mathematics, but animating
Ldraw-generated things is pure horror. You have to analyse the source file
to locate the different objects, you have to find out where the pivots are
(which is not easy, since the auto-generated POV files use counterintuitive
Matrix transforms rather than separate rotations and translations). The
solution seems to be LD4D Modeler, but that program is far from ready for
general use, and the documentation is lacking. See
http://members.rott.chello.nl/rmelkert/LD4DModeler/

Stefan.

--
---
YellowHead Studios. Where LEGO comes to life.