 Animation / 571
  Re: Pneumatic Camera Tilt Unit

(...) Two reasons. One, using a motor didn't occur to me. ;) Two, I don't have any rotation sensors either. I'm also unsure how I could use a motor to tilt and raise at the same time, though I don't think that's a movement needed very often. I could (...) (21 years ago, 6-Oct-03, to lugnet.animation, lugnet.build, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatic Camera Tilt Unit

(...) It only now occur to me that it's animation we're talking about, not filming. In that case it does not matter hos long it takes etc. between the shots (sure, fast is better it don't need to be 30fps fast). Then you could easily build a (...) (21 years ago, 7-Oct-03, to lugnet.animation, lugnet.build, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatic Camera Tilt Unit

(...) Yes, stop-motion has much different requirements than realtime filming. Actually, if I was looking for a fast realtime cut from top to bottom, the current mechanism is perfect. It moves quite fast. (...) running IE 6, XP Pro. Any clue why? (...) (21 years ago, 7-Oct-03, to lugnet.animation, lugnet.build, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatic Camera Tilt Unit

(...) [snip] (...) Your original system had the pistons underneath the platform, right? You must be assuming that the ganged pistons would be underneath. This is not a requirement. I'm not advocating for ganged pistons. I'd think that a geared (...) (21 years ago, 7-Oct-03, to lugnet.animation, lugnet.build, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatic/Motorized Camera Tilt Unit

(...) No, if you look at the photos you'll see that each piston is joined above the platform. It's not the best system because of the lower power you achieve with retraction versus extension, but it works best when you're trying to keep everything (...) (21 years ago, 7-Oct-03, to lugnet.animation, lugnet.build, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatic/Motorized Camera Tilt Unit

(...) [snip] (...) My bad. (...) I would think that you can easily do it with one motor for the front, one motor for the back (greatest flexibility. You'll have to use the other variety motor to rotate the turntable. (...) Fun, eh? [snip] (...) The (...) (21 years ago, 7-Oct-03, to lugnet.animation, lugnet.build, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatic/Motorized Camera Tilt Unit

(...) Hey guys, I have been following this post since it started. It inspired me to try to find a use for my vision command cam. I decided not to try to use pnuematics...but rather a simple gear/belt drive system. It gives full pan and tilt...well (...) (21 years ago, 9-Oct-03, to lugnet.animation, lugnet.build, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatic/Motorized Camera Tilt Unit

In lugnet.animation, Jim Kovacs wrote: [snip] (...) Hi Jim, Very cool! Maybe I'll have to dig out my vision cam too,,,, It was fun dreaming up designs, and it was fun talking with Bauchaille, an old friend (and one of the senior statesman on the (...) (21 years ago, 9-Oct-03, to lugnet.animation, lugnet.build, lugnet.technic)