 Animation / 485
Re: Is there such a thing as a decent free MPG encoder?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish, lugnet.animation
Date:
Fri, 31 Jan 2003 01:45:59 GMT

In lugnet.publish, Greg Perry writes:
Tony - one of the programs that is widely used and praised by folks in the
Lego animation community is called Videomach.  It is available from several
sites for download.  It's available for a preview period of 30 days and is
free if used for non-commerical purposes (I think I'm remembering that
correctly).

Here's a link to one download site that includes a brief description of the
program:  http://www.imagespro.com/programs/808/

Thanks- that's exactly what I was looking for, although it looks like MPEG
has some specific limitations that make AVI more inviting.  What platforms
commonly support playback of each of these formats?

Thanks!

--
Tony Hafner
www.hafhead.com