 Animation / 24
Re: SFX: Flying LEGO?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.animation, lugnet.publish.photography
Date:
Tue, 2 Jan 2001 16:47:19 GMT

In lugnet.publish.cinema, Jeff Johnston writes:
Huh, interesting.  The closest I've come to that is using the clear plastic SW
cannon that came in the Naboo Swamp sets.  It works well for low-flying things • and
isn't very obvious even in the original photographs.

Not sure if I was clear on what I meant by plastic.  That little diagram with
the Ps were suppose to look like a sheet of plastic.  It would stretch all the
way across the scene so the ends are not seen by the camera.  I need to go buy
me some so I can try this effect out.  I think it would work great as long as
the plastic was clean and the lights did not reflect off of it.

Ed