 Animation / 177
Re: Yay!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.animation
Date:
Mon, 26 Feb 2001 04:49:25 GMT

Hey Payton,

I am EXTREMELY interested in getting a copy of Premiere, but am loathe to
shell out the $600 for it.  Before I buy it, I was wondering if you could
shed some light on its features.

Is your copy Mac or PC?

Can it:
* Do color exclusion?  that is, can it do blue/green screen stuff?
* Does it have the OPTION to do captures via USB?
* How are the special effects?  Can you add lighting, and thing like that?
* Can you draw right on the frames?
* How nice and easy is it to use?
* Can you add multiple sound tracks?
* Does it compress the final video well?  Without loss of quality?

I knwo those are a load of questions. :) Just curious, as it's a big
investment and I'm wondering what you can do with it.

Jason

In lugnet.publish.cinema, Payton Ware writes:
Well, I just got my Premiere 6.0 up and running on my comp, and it supports
stop-motion capture via firewire! It allows you to capture single still
images or even multiple frames which it automatically converts to .avi
files. I am so glad- no more animation with crummy USB cameras!

Just thought I'd share. I hope to have some of my work up soon.

The Cap'n