 Animation / 144
Re: New LEGO Toys Based on Jurassic Park III
Newsgroups:
lugnet.animation
Date:
Mon, 5 Feb 2001 18:42:29 GMT

In lugnet.lego.announce, Suzanne D. Rich writes:
Taken from:
http://www.lego.com/info/pressspecific.asp?PressReleaseId=169&Year=2001

New LEGO Toys Based on Jurassic Park III

The press release does not make  specific mention of this but seems to
support the dinosaur and baby dinosaur sets that were seen briefly on
BrickShelf. see:

http://www.brickset.com/search.asp?Display=Page&Page=6

for the only documentation I can find. And frankly, if Lego is going to make
dinosaurs that are roughly minifigure scale, then I prefer them to be of
this new semi-buildable type than the underscaled ones available in the
Adventurers line.

On a side note I wonder what determines the timing of these press releases.
A three month lead time for this one and a year lead for Harry Potter. BTW,
if anyone has pictures of those dinosaurs, I would*love* for you to email
them to me(pretty please!

Jonathan