 Adventurers / 912
Re: What is ahead for the Adventures
Newsgroups:
lugnet.adventurers
Date:
Tue, 30 May 2000 19:30:52 GMT

"Gerry Venteicher" <MRBEAR569@aol.com> wrote in message
news:FvCKCI.ILn@lugnet.com...
Just wanted some opinions On what some other good subthemes for the
Adventurers.  It is hard to imagine what could be left to do.  I hope we • see
some more Dinosaures next year.

Well, this was brought up last year on rec.toys.lego and I had mentioned
some type of acrtic adventure.  Of course, thats been sucked up this year by
"Arctic".

Exploration of some type of Greek/Roman ruins would be interesting and I
know the idea has been brought up in other Lugnet groups.  Some type of
medievel based them would be appropriate, but again this is already sucked
up by Castle.

Some type of Asian theme (Marco Polo-ish) might be interesting.  Im sure
there is enough artifacts and architecture avaialable to distiguish it from
Ninja Knights (or whatever the heck that was).

A Nordic theme might interesting.  Like one set could be about the search
for Thor's Hammer and the other could be investigating the ruins of
Valhalla.

Easter Island has potential, but I don't know enough about the culture to
know if there are enough cool legends to make a theme.

Since Adventurers is movie based, maybe some kind of Goonies takeoff, but I
don't know how plausible the idea of having a bunch of underground lego sets
is (or if it would get too Rock Raiderish)

Or, remember that cartoon short Donald Duck in Mathmagic Land?  How about
Johnny Thunder in Mathmagic Land?  (Just kidding)

Davy