 Adventurers / 563
Re: Any ideas on how to do this with Technic?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.adventurers
Date:
Thu, 2 Dec 1999 03:42:13 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Paul Davidson writes:
I see.  I understand what you're saying.  The main thing I'm looking for in
this case, though, is a constant downward speed which does not accelerate.

Your ideas are interesting though, I will probably incorporate them into
future projects (a working Star Wars shuttle is a particularly neat idea,
I'd almost like to see pictures of yours).

--
That's where the friction in the pulley comes into play. Your system will need
to accelerate initially to attain some sort of velocity. The friction will

Unfortunately I didn't take any photos of the shuttle as I wasn't happy with
the overall look. I really only built it for the flywheel system anyway. It
was predominately red as I had yet to aquire a large quantity of grey plates
at that stage. I may give it a go again some time in the future.

Pete Callaway