 Adventurers / 527
Re: 5909 found an available by phone was (Re: Set 5909 - reprise . . .)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.adventurers
Date:
Mon, 22 Nov 1999 21:40:02 GMT

I found this (with the gold mummy case) at Tuesday Morning for $15 for anyone
that's interested.  Look fast because it will be gone quick.

Bruce

In lugnet.adventurers, Eric Kingsley writes:
In lugnet.adventurers, Jonathan Little writes:
First off, I just want to thank everybody who responded to my first post • about
set 5909 (the tan bi-plane). Everybody has been a lot of help!

I've heard from a few people that this was a TRU exclusive, packaged with • some
sort of case, or something, to store extra legos in. What I don't understand
is why they would show it in the catalog if it was a TRU exclusive. It hardly
seems fair. Also, somebody mentioned something similiar with an Insectiods • set
(it came packaged with a mask). I know in that case, you could also find the
set alone. If I remember correctly, the set with the mask had some odd number
that didn't follow with the normal sequence of the Insectoid line. The set
itself, however had a number which followed the normal numbering sequence.
Anyway, my question is this: Is there anyone that has seen this set by • itself,
i.e. without the case? This is just out of curiosity . . . . not that I don't
want the storage case thingy.
Thanks, again!
-Jonathan

Well I have been following this a bit and I wanted to check before I • responded.
I have found some of these in an excellent store in Massachusetts.  You • cannot
order over the internet but they are happy to take phone orders.  I have no
idea what the shipping rates are but you can get the set for $19.90 and they
have a few.

The store is "The Construction Site".

Their web page is:  http://www.constructiontoys.com/

Their phone number is:  (781) 899-7900

If things do not work out by calling them let me know and I might be convinced
to pick these up and ship them to you although that should not be necessary.

This store also has a decent selection of alot of sets that were out a couple
of years ago that you can't find in most stores.  If you are looking for
something it is always worth a call just to check.

Eric K.

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/