 Adventurers / 521
520  |  522
Subject:
Set 5909 - reprise . . .
Newsgroups:
lugnet.adventurers
Date:
Fri, 19 Nov 1999 02:26:20 GMT

First off, I just want to thank everybody who responded to my first post about
set 5909 (the tan bi-plane). Everybody has been a lot of help!

I've heard from a few people that this was a TRU exclusive, packaged with some
sort of case, or something, to store extra legos in. What I don't understand
is why they would show it in the catalog if it was a TRU exclusive. It hardly
seems fair. Also, somebody mentioned something similiar with an Insectiods set
(it came packaged with a mask). I know in that case, you could also find the
set alone. If I remember correctly, the set with the mask had some odd number
that didn't follow with the normal sequence of the Insectoid line. The set
itself, however had a number which followed the normal numbering sequence.
Anyway, my question is this: Is there anyone that has seen this set by itself,
i.e. without the case? This is just out of curiosity . . . . not that I don't
want the storage case thingy.
Thanks, again!
-Jonathan