 Adventurers / 317
  4x2ReVu: 5938 Oasis Ambush

The desert sun is setting quickly on the Pedestal of Anubis dig site. But Matthias Snidely continues to work feverishly in the half-light of dusk on what he is certain is the opening mechanism to the crypt. Workers have long since retired to their (...) (25 years ago, 2-Nov-99, to lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.reviews)

  Re: 4x2ReVu: 5938 Oasis Ambush

Hi Joseph, This is not a criticism but a genuine question; what sets have you given an eight stud rating? I really like your reviews and always read them (in fact I save them in a seperate file). I noticed that even on the Adventurer sets you (...) (25 years ago, 2-Nov-99, to lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.reviews)

  Re: 4x2ReVu: 5938 Oasis Ambush

In lugnet.adventurers, Joseph Gonzalez writes: <snipped review> (...) When I was in LLC, they had this set among a bunch of smaller ones in the $2.95 bins. I rubbed my eyes, and when they were still there, I picked up a dozen or so. Does that count (...) (25 years ago, 2-Nov-99, to lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.reviews)

  Re: 4x2ReVu: 5938 Oasis Ambush

(...) That's definitely a find of the week (in my book anyway). <Whiney Whiney>How come I never find stuff like that???</Whiney Whiney> ..joseph g (25 years ago, 2-Nov-99, to lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.reviews)

  Re: 4x2ReVu: 5938 Oasis Ambush

(...) know. Hi Mark I've yet to give out an eight stud rating (but I still have LOTS of reviews to reprint). I believe I did give a seven stud rating to the 7150-TIE Fighter/Y-Wing set and I'll probably be giving seven studs to the 5988 Forbidden (...) (25 years ago, 2-Nov-99, to lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.reviews)

  Re: 4x2ReVu: 5938 Oasis Ambush

(...) other (...) stud (...) certainly (...) I hear you about insanity in the work place this week. What's going on? Anyway, I'll look for your thoughts tomorrow. Mark L (25 years ago, 2-Nov-99, to lugnet.adventurers)

  Now I'm really whining (Re: 4x2ReVu: 5938 Oasis Ambush)

(...) WAYY off topic here, but i'm gathering fostercare statistics for a special committee that answers to my state's governor. the committee contacts me two or three times a week with more requests. i REALLY need a lego break but when i get home my (...) (25 years ago, 2-Nov-99, to lugnet.adventurers)

  Re: Now I'm really whining (Re: 4x2ReVu: 5938 Oasis Ambush)

(...) There's good karma in pleasing the wife. Keep up the great posts! Mark L (25 years ago, 3-Nov-99, to lugnet.adventurers)

  Re: 4x2ReVu: 5938 Oasis Ambush

(...) One more reassessment on an original rating. I'm going to give the set six out of eight studs for a simply-designed but well-defined model. Thanks to Mark Lindsey for asking about my conservative ratings on this wonderful theme that made me (...) (25 years ago, 3-Nov-99, to lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.reviews)

  Re: 4x2ReVu: 5938 Oasis Ambush

(...) I am all choked up Joseph. My opinion actually counts for something? Thank God for internet LEGO discussion groups! People do listen...now if I could get my wife and kids to do the same. Wishful thinking I know. Cheers Joseph, Mark L (25 years ago, 3-Nov-99, to lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.reviews)

  Re: 4x2ReVu: 5938 Oasis Ambush

(...) delightful little set that I had ear-marked to buy once I could find it at a decent sale price. $3 bucks was it (on a side note, my son and I enjoyed Legoland, but it is too expensive for what it is). The jackal on a pedestal was great. I (...) (25 years ago, 1-Jan-00, to lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.reviews)