 Adventurers / 1112
1111  |  1113
Subject:
Re Dutch adventurers treasure map (was Re: yellow parrots)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.adventurers
Date:
Fri, 22 Sep 2000 11:26:23 GMT

In lugnet.adventurers, John Morgan writes:
<snippage>
When I opened the package I discovered the
large gold idol , which in the US ,came with the treasure hunters set that has
the bi plane.
Anyway, I found a scroll inside of the Idol thingy  that had LEGO
heiroglyphics(sp?) on it  and it was associated with contest they were holding
in Europe. Another sheet of paper had the translations but it was all written in
Danish! I got a Belgium friend at work to assist in translating it all. Turns
out you had to translate the heiroglyphs to follow the symbols on a map of
egyptian temples and then on a post card send in your answer as to which temple
on the map held the treasure. This was more  fun than  getting the yellow
parrots : )). I guess since the contest is over , I could probably post a
picture of the scroll and the map if anyone is interested
Just one more item to add to your perplexion Heather  <G>
  John
It has been brought to my attention that the Language on the scroll instructions
is actually Dutch... oops ....I wasnt involved with the international community
until I found LUGNET and have very little knowledge of other languages.
Sorry about the mixup
    John