 Adventurers / 1106
Re: yellow parrots
Newsgroups:
lugnet.adventurers
Date:
Wed, 20 Sep 2000 18:08:56 GMT

In lugnet.adventurers, Mike Timm writes:
On Tue, 19 Sep 2000 23:18:51 GMT, "Heather Patey" <hpatey@nfld.com>
wrote:

In lugnet.pirates, Bruce Lowell writes:
yeha, i have that set that has 2 of them, and i want 2 more so each corner
will have a parrot. thanks for the advice. adios,
                                       8^) Brucey-Wan

And hereby hangs a tale!

I was curious about what set this was, so I dug around in the inventories on
Chris Rasmussen's excellent Adventurers site and found it was <set:5919>.
"U.S.-only Toys 'R' Us release", says the LUGnet guide.  Phoo.  (I'm in
Canada.)

Well, I was prowling in my TRU today, and while picking out the few remaining
Egypt sets to price-scan, I happened upon a pair of 3722's with which I • wasn't
familiar.  The big gold case almost made me put it back, but there they were:
the yellow parrots!  (Same set, different number.)  I paid MSRP for them, but
hey.  I'll be keeping the parrots, but wanted to let Canadians know that
"US-only" ain't necessarily so.

Anybody want a pair of gold suitcases?
Cheers, Heather

Well 5919 WAS US only the 3722's were not :^)
I seem to remember them being mentioned being available elsewhere
also, but that's a faint memory and at this hour my mind is suspect
:^)
Mike

The set in question came in three version:
5919 International
5919 North American (US+Canada)
3722 TRU 50th Anniversary
On http://www.geocities.com/EnchantedForest/Cottage/5900/5919.html
there are pictures of two of these versions.

Christian