 Adventurers / 1109
Re: yellow parrots
Newsgroups:
lugnet.adventurers
Date:
Thu, 21 Sep 2000 13:58:07 GMT

In lugnet.adventurers, John Morgan writes:
In lugnet.adventurers, Heather Patey writes:
<snippage>

The set in question came in three version:
5919 International
5919 North American (US+Canada)
3722 TRU 50th Anniversary
On http://www.geocities.com/EnchantedForest/Cottage/5900/5919.html
there are pictures of two of these versions.

Christian

It's so confusing when TLC does this kind of thing!  Had another look at
the LUGnet guide, and it does say that 3722, not 5919, is the US-only set.
Mine didn't have TRU 50th Anniversary stickers on them, but stickers that
said "Includes Gold Storage Case" or some such obviosity.  I hope this
doesn't count as another variant, my brain can't handle it :-)

Cheers, Heather
--
Heather Patey
St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada
Pirate Wench / Brick Detective
Greetings Heather,
I recently aquired one of the international sets 5919 from Denmark(in search • of
the yellow parrots too ; ) ) and it arrived in a much larger box than I
expected. I had one of the TRU Versions with the gold tool type case and was
expecting about the same size carton. When I opened the package I discovered • the
large gold idol , which in the US ,came with the treasure hunters set that • has
the bi plane.
Anyway, I found a scroll inside of the Idol thingy  that had LEGO
heiroglyphics(sp?) on it  and it was associated with contest they were • holding
in Europe. Another sheet of paper had the translations but it was all written • in
Danish! I got a Belgium friend at work to assist in translating it all. Turns
out you had to translate the heiroglyphs to follow the symbols on a map of
egyptian temples and then on a post card send in your answer as to which • temple
on the map held the treasure. This was more  fun than  getting the yellow
parrots : )). I guess since the contest is over , I could probably post a
picture of the scroll and the map if anyone is interested
Just one more item to add to your perplexion Heather  <G>
  John

Neato!  Might want to send the scan to Christian for his non-brick stuff page.

Cheers, Heather