 Adventurers / 1023
Re: I was really disappointed when I saw the dino sets......
Newsgroups:
lugnet.adventurers
Date:
Wed, 19 Jul 2000 17:56:15 GMT

I have a good but strange explination for the double-color dinos. The
gray-legged stegosaurus is really a young elaphant in a coustume. I mean look,
the elaphant could keep his long nose in the tail and his tail in the head. And
the triceratops is an unusualy large tiger in a coustume!!! The explanation
wowks perfectly!!! All the dinos are probably some kids mean trick to get the
adventurers excited. That new kid on their team looks guilty...

Probably just my overactive imagination,
NICK #:^)

In lugnet.adventurers, Arnold Staniczek writes:
Well, when I saw the S@H pics, I was heavily disappointed of both dinosaurs
and entire sets. C'mon Lego, a grey Triceratops with white(?) legs ?? A
brown Stegosaurus with white (!!) legs??? How crappy. At least I know now
why they got extinct: they were too ugly too survive.... I really wonder why
they composed those two-coloured monsters. The overall shape of the dinos is
fine with me (except of the dragon-armed T-Rex), but those colours are just
tasteless. Sorry...
I also see no reason why I should buy a set to get my fifth or sixth
adventurer car.... the only improvement is the nice Island Hopper, not to
forget the Dino Explorer as a new variation.

Overall, I won't buy a single set, well, may be an Island Hopper or a Dino
Explorer, and rather try to find the dinos at part sales....

Arnold

Now that I have finally seen the Dino sets, in the S@H catalogue, I can
say that the dinosaurs look great, especially the T-Rex, but the sets
are a let down. I do not think the dino sets are as creative as the
other Adventurer sets.

I think the dinosaurs are a letdown, and the sets (well, some of the sets)
look kinda cool.  A post-Edwardian retro cool, I suppose.