 Adventurers / 1022
1021  |  1023
Subject:
I was really disappointed when I saw the dino sets......
Newsgroups:
lugnet.adventurers
Date:
Wed, 19 Jul 2000 17:42:30 GMT

Well, when I saw the S@H pics, I was heavily disappointed of both dinosaurs
and entire sets. C'mon Lego, a grey Triceratops with white(?) legs ?? A
brown Stegosaurus with white (!!) legs??? How crappy. At least I know now
why they got extinct: they were too ugly too survive.... I really wonder why
they composed those two-coloured monsters. The overall shape of the dinos is
fine with me (except of the dragon-armed T-Rex), but those colours are just
tasteless. Sorry...
I also see no reason why I should buy a set to get my fifth or sixth
adventurer car.... the only improvement is the nice Island Hopper, not to
forget the Dino Explorer as a new variation.

Overall, I won't buy a single set, well, may be an Island Hopper or a Dino
Explorer, and rather try to find the dinos at part sales....

Arnold

Now that I have finally seen the Dino sets, in the S@H catalogue, I can
say that the dinosaurs look great, especially the T-Rex, but the sets
are a let down. I do not think the dino sets are as creative as the
other Adventurer sets.

I think the dinosaurs are a letdown, and the sets (well, some of the sets)
look kinda cool.  A post-Edwardian retro cool, I suppose.