 Adventurers / 1004
Re: Adventurers Minifigs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.adventurers
Date:
Sun, 16 Jul 2000 13:07:27 GMT

In lugnet.adventurers, Mikohl Moree writes:
Hello Everyone! I was reading a few posts earlier about how difficult it is to
mix and match Adventurers figures with other minifig parts and still recieve a
cool looking character. I know how complicated this can be, but it can be • done!
If you are a Die-hard Lego Town fan, like me, you should know that Town has
outlasted many themes, not to mention all the subthemes it has produced, and
that it's been around since 1956 to now!!! In most of that time, the world
famous "Lego Smiley Face" was thriving. As cute as that face can be, it's
Downright Boring after a few years of play! So my suggestion is switch an
Adventurers's face with a Generic Town face and Viola!, instant character!!!
You would be surprised of how many cool minifigs you can come up with!, oh and
Town was just a suggestion, every theme works with Johnny Thunder's, Gail
Storm's, Harry Cane's, the New Young Assistant's in Dino Island, Señor
Palomar's, Rudy Villano's, Gabarro's, Poacher's, and Femme Fatale's minifigure
head. The minifig's with glasses are kind of hard to put in all the themes,
such as Space and Futuristic sets. Pharaoh Hotep the III and Achu are sort of
hard to blend in. Especially the Pharaoh unless you want the Cursed, Horrible
Joke telling Mummy to walk around in your city!
I've used Johnny Thunder faces in my US cavalry, a Gail Storm face on an
astronaut, Sam Sinister's face on the leader of a spy ring attempting to take
over the world. Harry Cane's face can be used for a tough guy. I've used their
torsos for some good figures as well. Johnny Thunder and Baron von Barron
torsos can be great for Confederate soldiers. The Sam Sinister torso actually
is an old torso originally used on waiters, such as in 6376.
(at http://www.lugnet.com/pause/search/?query=6376-1)
The Gail Storm jungle torso I use on a half-crazy tourist in my town with just
a normal sunglassed face. It fits pretty well, with the camera and all.(yes, I
know there's a necklace painted on, but who cares?)

Okay, that's all for me.

Tim