 Administrative / Terms of Use / 453
Re: Tente-a-plenty!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.terms
Date:
Mon, 21 Jun 2004 19:44:11 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Frank Filz wrote:
   In lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, Steve Scott wrote:
   Heads up for all Tente collectors....I’m selling off a chunk of my Tente collection on Ebay: (Link may need to be converted back to a single string if it wraps onto a new line). If all else fails, search for seller ID: misbi

http://cgi6.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&include=0&userid=misbi&sort=2&rows=25&since=-1&rd=1

18 lots starting at 1 or 2 pounds, no reserve, so lots of possible bargains!

Please confine auction announcements to lugnet.market.auction per the Terms of Use (See Discussion Group Terms and Conditions item #11).

I know that this is correct by the letter of the TOS, but can we put it to a vote, at least? I think both purists and clone-fans alike would be well served to allow clone auction info in OT.Clones, rather than letting them get lost in the volume of lugnet.market. I for one must confess that I’ve listed and discussed plenty of clone auctions in OT.Clones without causing great uproar or disruption.

I note, as an aside, that there is nothing explicit in the lugnet.cad or lugnet.cad.dat TOS indicating that only official LDraw DATs may be posted to those groups. Should I take this as authorization to post lots and lots of clone DATs there?

I have no intent of posting clone.DATs there of course, in deference to the sentiments of the people who use that group. Might we therefore take into account the opinions of people who browse OT.Clones? Is it possible to amend the charter for OT.Clones to allow clone auctions to be listed there?

   Follow-ups to: lugnet.admin.terms.

Might this be worth mentioning to the lugnet.market crowd, too? Will they be so accommodating of non-LEGO items being listed and/or highlighted in that group?

Dave!