 Administrative / Suggestions / 504
Re: CLSOTW links
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.suggestions
Date:
Sat, 7 Dec 2002 00:50:22 GMT

Todd Lehman wrote:
Currently, the best web browser (IMHO) is the latest Mozilla with tabbed
browsing.  And in the Preferences > Navigator > Tabbed Browsing dialog, you
can even check [x] Load links in the background -- which doesn't really load
them in the background, but means that it opens them in a new tab but doesn't
switch to that tab until you click on it.  That way it can start loading while
you continue on the current page.  I use it all the time to pull up multiple
windows in rapid succession, let them all load, and then go through them one
by one.  It's awesome -- you should try it!  It's so fast and beautiful!

Hmm, that sounds like an interesting feature, ASSUMING Mozilla doesn't
have the problem I have with Netscape. Netscape has a habit of going on
vacation while loading certain things (I think resolving a host name is
one thing) where it doesn't re-draw screens. I wouldn't find background
browser has decided to go on vacation speculatively loading a page.

Frank