 Administrative / Suggestions / 484
Re: Avatar question.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.suggestions
Date:
Tue, 22 Oct 2002 22:57:50 GMT

In lugnet.admin.suggestions, Bruce Hietbrink writes:
Hi all,

I rather like the current system, with Lugnet admin and LEGO employees
having their own little icons, but no one else.  That makes it really easy
to pick out those posts.

One thought, which I am not advocating, would be that instead of everyone
having their own chosen icons (which can get annoying), if there were
specific themed icons, that we could choose from a list.  One might be the
little classic space symbol, another a pair of crossed swords, another a
train engine, etc.  That way you could wave the flag for your own theme of
choice with every post.  Just a thought.

Yeah, that's a possibility as well. One specific item I
was thinking about would be to add an image of ones
liking next to your name on the message head of a post
(the page where you you can read and reply to the
post, not just the summary}

I know the administrators and lego employees get
their own small avatar mark, so I think the normal
member shouldn't have an icon next to their
post summary, because, yeah, that would definitely mess
up the organization factor. (while filpping through
a bunch of posts}

Than again, I'm against the notion of annoying
animations, large sigs, etc on every post, because
that can become hopelessly redundant. A small
image, perhaps, would be a nice feature, though.

<<_Matt Hein_>>
Fellow lego enthusiast

Bruce