 Administrative / Suggestions / 378
Re: Enforce .lego.* rules
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.suggestions
Date:
Thu, 20 Jun 2002 22:07:31 GMT

In lugnet.admin.suggestions, Suzanne D. Rich writes:

Are you suggesting we put aliases on these pages:
http://news.lugnet.com/lego/direct/
http://news.lugnet.com/lego/

to .dear-lego?

No, but merely because I hadn't thought of it. I was just suggesting not
moving .dear-lego (renamed or not) under .lego so that its content would not
get mixed in when one viewed .lego from the web using the default interface.

This is essentially the same argument I made against putting .announce.moc
under .announce... it may not be a popular argument, I suppose.

Because that's a pretty good idea.

Indeed it is.

Do you think the .lego charters could use a brief "normal version" along with
the more detailed message about posting there? or would then no one read the
longer message?

Yes! People should read both, but it is better that they read the brief
message than neither.