 Administrative / Suggestions / 367
Re: Enforce .lego.* rules
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.suggestions
Date:
Tue, 18 Jun 2002 19:40:22 GMT

"Jude Beaudin" <shiningblade@rogers.com> writes:

I have noticed for quite a while that we (LUGNET users) have become laxed
about what is being posted to .lego.*

Based on the ng clarification posted by Todd:

http://news.lugnet.com/lego/direct/?n=6

We are all (myself included) guilty of posting unnecessarily to these
groups. As a result there is a high noise ratio to wade through. Perhaps it
is time for us (as a community) to start reducing the amount of posts to the
groups. Either that or redefine the clarification.

This is probably due to the confusion between the .dear-lego and
.lego.* rules.  I would like to make a more concrete suggestion: get
rid of .dear-lego, and create some .lego.* groups that are
specifically for discussions among lugnetters about TLC and its
policies, etc.  For example: .lego.wishlist can replace .dear-lego,
.lego.discuss can be added, etc.

--Bill.

AMAZING BUT TRUE: There is so much sand in northern Africa that if it were
                  spread out it would completely cover the Sahara Desert!