 Administrative / Suggestions / 373
Re: Limiting placement of LC posts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.suggestions
Date:
Thu, 20 Jun 2002 04:50:28 GMT

In lugnet.admin.suggestions, Suzanne D. Rich writes:
<Snip>

That said, it's still very possible that the posting restrictions will be
lifted. I'm not completely unwilling to do it. Right now, I'm just not happy
about it.

That's all for now.

-Suz

Suzanne Rich
LUGNET Admin
www.lugnet.com

Hmmm...let's see...

To be quite honest, I can't think of too many questions that I would have for
TLC that they would be willing to answer.  From what I've seen in FBTB.net,
Jake can't really answer any questions about what future plans Lego has in
terms of products.  However, if, for instance, Lego comes out with a mecha set,
I would like for that post to appear in build.mecha.  Beyond that, I can't
really see them being a part of that discussion group.

So, I guess the first question I would have for TLC would be "What kind of
things would you post outside of the Lego direct area, beyond announcements of
new products?"

In terms of Lego employees' feelings getting hurt, I can't see them being
subjected to any more than the average Lugneter involved in a heated debate.
I'm sure TLC considered this possibility before they ever set foot in Lugnet.
I would consider that a non-issue.

Also, what about a provisional, "good behavior" policy regarding TLC's presence
outside of their designated area?  For instance, if someone in build.mecha asks
a question like "how much torque does it take to advance a super battle droid
joint one click?" and Lego posts a reply, or they post "Next year 'Alpha Team'
will have a mecha based theme", that's good behavior; if, in the same forum,
they post "Hey guys, the new Galidor sets are available at Lego Shop At Home",
and they make such posts frequently, I would consider that bad behavior.

I hope this helps out a little.  It must be difficult to put so much hard work
into making Lugnet what is is now, only to see the potential for it to turn
into a forum with TLC's interests governing the site, instead of the fans'
interests.  But I think the potential also exists for TLC's presence to make
Lugent a shining example of a corporation-consumer partnership which benefits
everyone.  Only time will tell...

Finally, folks, can we please reserve this thread for some constructive
suggestions?  If you're feeling the urge to flame or complain, please post to
one of the other four spotlights on the issue...

Later,
Chris